Subchannel OTA Guide Data - Dish's Criteria

Will you not switch depending on what's in that list ?
I sure haven't. At first it was about waiting for bugs to get ironed out, but as I read more and more about perfectly good features being removed or changed for the worse, it had kept me away.

Will you not switch depending on what's in that list ?
Oh, I most likely will switch anyway, but would be nice to know ahead of time what's different. I will save some money switching to the Flex pack, hopefully more than enough to offset the increased DVR fee. The only things I am currently aware of that would stop me would be compatibility of EHDs from the 622 which I think is not an issue, and maybe the onscreen caller-id feature if it's not there. The other thing I've learned is that 4X fast forward went away, I never use that anyway, I always use skip forward/back and if I ever push the FF button it will usually be at 300X.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread. Speaking of OTA guide data, is it true that it still exists even if you don't subscribe to the locals pack?

^^ Wow. I have Laff on ch. 7-3 in Detroit, and it has guide data. However, COZI on 38-4 shows "Digital Service" as well as Comet TV on 24-3 out of Toledo.

That's because WXYZ had a second sub channel when the TSID was created in 2003 It was the local radar. WXYZ was going to make .3 Mobile TV but they decided they would make more money by keeping a sub channel on .3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)