Status
Please reply by conversation.

kb2kir

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Norwich, NY
Hi Folks,
Went for a walk around the back yard thru 18' of snow to do a site survey.
I can only get 105w thru a large (10 year ) slot in the trees. If I expend the effort to erect the 7.5 ft Echostar, can I park it on 105w and get programming and re-hits for my DSR-905?
The 10 ft Unimesh gets all the FTA stuff up to and including 107w, but the trees prevent it from seeing 105w to the point of zero signal strength.

Are you wanting to subscribe to the W5 programming or other?

I know the maps need to be taken from a premium movie service off of G0, G5, G1 etc
Maybe if you subscribe to something on W5 then you get the rehits and the maps??

LAK, thanks for the quick response...
The CS 6000 FTA gets zero Q on 105 even with no leaves. I am using a B1-SAT STACK band stacked LNB on the 10 ftr which, as I understand will not play well with the 905.

Hey Ice, How goes it?
Looking for the Sci Fi channel among others on that bird.

I don't think there is anything on 105 west that the coolsat 6000 can receive.
Their are some ocassional dvb s2 feeds. The rest is digicipher 2 subscription HITS channels on c band. You can try setting up the 7.5 and pointing it at 105 using a generic sat since you don't have any current channel maps

I am using a B1-SAT STACK band stacked LNB on the 10 ftr which, as I understand will not play well with the 905.
Correct. You could try a Non-Stacked LNBF, see if you can get 105. If not, then set up the other BUD.

Ok good.
It warmed up here 41 deg today so I changed out the LNB with a Chaparral
that I had. Has two seperate LNBs with a voltage polarity switch. Works well with the CS600 on other sats, but still no signal strength on W5.
Hooked up the '905, no joy.
I think I read some where here that it has to be subbed to work ?????
Also W5 is not on the Sat list. I found how to enter it for the other DSR series, but not for the '905 sidecar.
Any thoughts ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)