Subscription List DISH Network All...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
Doesn't work for me and hasn't worked for me in many months if not years. It always times out with the error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/home/satellit/public_html/thelist/include/Dishnetwork.php on line 554
Am I the only one around here who wants to see TheList for Dish Network including all sats? :(

Looks like its time we move The List from being strictly PHP based to using PHP and MySQL.

Because it is parsing a pure text file it is causing issues on our server. In fact just looking at out most CPU intensive processes today the search feature on TheList it using the most resources out of ANYTHING on the server. (See the image below)

61773d1297443803-subscription-list-dish-network-all-thelist-jpg

TheList was written by SatelliteGuys member QWERT1515 and he has done an AMAZING job with it. He worked together with Digiblur so that TheList is automatically updated when there are changes made to the uplink.

What I will do is I will talk to QWERT1515, Digiblur and our server guru LER and see if they can work together to make the changes so that it is database based. This will eliminate all issues and in addition with it being database based we will be able to expand things and possibly even let people download satellite information directly to their Free to air satellite receivers. :)

I also have another idea that will temporarly aleviate the issue while they are working but give you full access to TheList as the work is done. I will contact LER so he can help me set this up.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Attachments

• thelist.jpg
    thelist.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 215
Status
Not open for further replies.