GEOSATpro Subtitles via .srt files?

Sorry, not familiar with this file type. Is it an associated file that is synced with a video or is it an embedded video file?

Its a text file containing time cues and the text to be displayed along with the associated video; here's the beginning of one:

00:00:40,880 --> 00:00:43,348
Help! Help!

00:00:43,560 --> 00:00:46,677
For God's sake!
Help!

00:00:55,640 --> 00:00:58,359
Get out!

I have read that the.video file can be burned with a .srt file prior to loading to a player. What is the reason that a video file wouldn't already be burned with closed captions? Why would a user choose to play a video with a separate text file instead of playing a video with embedded captions?

I have no knowledge of .srt filles, so pardon me if I sound ignorant. Have you tried playing an .avi with identical named .srt in the same folder? What was the result?

As separate srt files the subtitles are removable. If I have a Chinese video, I need the English subtitles on, whereas my Chinese friends viewing the same video would probably want them off. I really wouldn't expect the MicroHD to handle subtitle files, but maybe it's possible? Do other stbs do this? There are sites where you can get subtitles for many languages for many movies.

Have you tried to play back a video with an identical named .srt file In the same folder on the microHD?

Until a few hours ago I didn't even know what a .srt file was. So do not have a clue if other STBs have playback abilities. Maybe you could research and let us know?

Have you tried to play back a video with an identical named .srt file In the same folder on the microHD?

Until a few hours ago I didn't even know what a .srt file was. So do not have a clue if other STBs have playback abilities. Maybe you could research and let us know?

Wonderful, that worked (my previous try had ".eng" appended to the name to distinguish it from the Swedish subtitle file)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)