GEOSATpro Micro Timer issues.

rgk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 10, 2007
Caledonia,MI
Anyone else having issues with daily timers that don't record and daily timers that disappear altogether?

GMT or Manual Time setting?

Please document the start and stop times and the channels for the timer events.

Have noticed that occasionally I have mistakenly set the event timer to change channels rather than record. GMT time setting has caused to many headaches causing overlapping event timers or to skip over the event time.

1 Daily ASNTVGuide 16:57 1:03 Always records 107.3W
2 Daily KDEV-TV 3:30 :30 Almost never records 118.8W
3 Blank - Don't remember what was here but it went away on its own
4 Daily KDEV-TV 12:00 1:00 Usually Records
5 Daily KDEV-TV 22:00 2:00 Hit or Miss
6 Daily KDEV-TV 1:30 2:00 Never Records
7 Daily KDEV-TV 4:57 2:03 Usually Records

I have had one other daily record event disappear on its own.

Time is set Manually. All are Daily Record

Mine were manual timers, and on PBJ and RTV channel. I set/synced my clock to GOD USA, then turned OFF GMT. The clock on the micro doesn't keep time very well and starts drifting within a few days. Right now it's off (slow) two minutes, and was last set on Saturday night before recording the monster movies on RTV.

At the moment, I pretty much park the dish on PBJ channel when turned off. I should have my Sadoun 6 footer installed by this weekend, and we'll see what that does. Right now it's raining, and I just worked 2 days of 12 hour shifts.

Ok, I just set a timer for PBJ channel, 7pm for 1 hour. It was there, and set. I shot over to God USA channel, and THEN reset the clock to sync to GMT. It was synced, and then I changed it back to manual.

I then went back to the sat with PBJ channel, and the timer was GONE!

Ok, I figured out the timer vanished because I accidentally set my offset wrong by one hour in the future. So, the Micro thought the time was already past, and wouldn't reset it.

Last edited:
I was gone for a week, new Thumb Drive, triple formated, all 7 weekly RECORD, on TBN -- nothing on the drive, receiver on standby when left, "on" when returned, dates are advancing, but no recordings. Both LEDs are green.
I was not sure what had happened, temps are over 100 degrees daily, sister-in-law is in hospital with broken out artificial knee and in extreme pain, so not even getting a chance to watch any TV or figure what is wrong.

Ok, I just set a timer for PBJ channel, 7pm for 1 hour. It was there, and set. I shot over to God USA channel, and THEN reset the clock to sync to GMT. It was synced, and then I changed it back to manual.

I then went back to the sat with PBJ channel, and the timer was GONE!

Ok, I figured out the timer vanished because I accidentally set my offset wrong by one hour in the future. So, the Micro thought the time was already past, and wouldn't reset it.

Perfect example demonstrating what can happen with the GMT times jumping around!

1 Daily ASNTVGuide 16:57 1:03 Always records 107.3W
2 Daily KDEV-TV 3:30 :30 Almost never records 118.8W
3 Blank - Don't remember what was here but it went away on its own
4 Daily KDEV-TV 12:00 1:00 Usually Records
5 Daily KDEV-TV 22:00 2:00 Hit or Miss
6 Daily KDEV-TV 1:30 2:00 Never Records
7 Daily KDEV-TV 4:57 2:03 Usually Records

I have had one other daily record event disappear on its own.

Time is set Manually. All are Daily Record

What firmware version date?

PM me with the 118.8 information as I am not aware of this channel.

I was gone for a week, new Thumb Drive, triple formated, all 7 weekly RECORD, on TBN -- nothing on the drive, receiver on standby when left, "on" when returned, dates are advancing, but no recordings. Both LEDs are green.
I was not sure what had happened, temps are over 100 degrees daily, sister-in-law is in hospital with broken out artificial knee and in extreme pain, so not even getting a chance to watch any TV or figure what is wrong.

Need more information. Is this timer or drive related? Is the timer set to record or channel change? Does the unit record if you manually start stop? Does the timer record if you set a timer 2 minutes from now?

The reason that I ask is that my home microHD records Ebru TV, evening news feeds and RTV daily from 3 different satellites in the manual time mode and it never skips a program.

I'll test it again, but it appears if you set a manual timer in "All Satellites", then change and move to an individual satellite and channel by selecting it with the < Sat button, then forget to change back to "All Satellites" before the timer, it won't record if the channel it's set for is off the sat you are sitting on. I'm running the July 6th firmware.

Need more information. Is this timer or drive related? Is the timer set to record or channel change? Does the unit record if you manually start stop? Does the timer record if you set a timer 2 minutes from now?

The reason that I ask is that my home microHD records Ebru TV, evening news feeds and RTV daily from 3 different satellites in the manual time mode and it never skips a program.

I have not had anytime to go further. It is set to RECORD not channel the dates change, but nothing shows up on the drive. As I said, we had to leave for the campground and I left the microHD set to record in an insulated room. If it was on a wrong transponder time - it should record - but maybe not get all the right program. Since the dates are changing something is responding, but I do not know what. I have not moved the micro back into the motor home or the DC TV into the room. The microHD gets the channels from the dish for that room and I have set it back to 3ABN before switching it to standby. SIL has just been moved to 4th hospital - things are not working right so my stress level on a scale from 1 -10 is about 35. And the indoor temps have been over 100 degrees here for the 5 days since we got back. Down to 73 last night INSIDE.

1100c ---- 1100c ------ 1100c

I had set the 1100c to record also when left and it has worked every time now in the cooler room, so I have not been worried about the microHD not working. When the septic tank is in, the SIL is stabilized, and the living quarters are usable I will get back to more testing. We may have to move her manufactured home down here and put out the money to get it grid-tied. -- Just too much to stress about.

I'll test it again, but it appears if you set a manual timer in "All Satellites", then change and move to an individual satellite and channel by selecting it with the < Sat button, then forget to change back to "All Satellites" before the timer, it won't record if the channel it's set for is off the sat you are sitting on. I'm running the July 6th firmware.

OK, now that is something to go on. We will test to see if this can be replicated.

OK, now that is something to go on. We will test to see if this can be replicated.

Ok, I'm also going to type out what my firmware screen says, and you can tell me if it's the way it should be after loading the July 6th firmware, and doing the factory reset. Perhaps it's not right? I have not used the editor through the pc as of yet. Everything I've done, has been through the menu's on the microHD itself:

bootloader------------- s-0.1.0--------------------2010-5-8
maincode-------------- M3601S/128M-------------2012-7-6
seecode--------------- M3606 SEE----------------2012-7-06
TvLogo---------------- 1.0.0-----------------------2010-5-8
RadioLogo-------------1.0.0-----------------------2010-5-8
BootLogo--------------1.0.0-----------------------2010-5-8
defaultdb--------------1.1.0-----------------------2012-7-6
userdb-----------------1.0.0-----------------------2012-7-6
Software Ver----------TDV10290-1-0-2-0
Product Ver------------HDVS54012-1108249A0---2012-7-6

My present harddrive is a WD DeskBook 750GD drive powered from a wall-wart. The system is not tweaked as well as I would like right now, but once my c-band dish is also installed, I'm going to do as many "final tweaks" as it takes to get it all to as close to 100% as I can. I find the KU side and the sg9120b motor quite hard to get peaked just right. You go off more than a hair's width, and it throws it a LOT. There appears to be something odd with my motor, as it's setting on the side seems to be off several degree's (or something, it's really odd). I have in the past almost 30 years setup many c-band polar mounts (and fixed dishes), but I have never installed one of these small DisEQc polar-motors before now.

Last edited:
PM me with the 118.8 information as I am not aware of this channel.

It's on lyngsat, no secret. 3920 H 18447 801,802

It's on lyngsat, no secret. 3920 H 18447 801,802

Sorry, had no idea if you were on circular FSS KU-band, Linear KU or C-band.... or if it was even if the service was posted. I try to read minds, but usually not to good at it.... (just ask my girlfriend!) :eek:
Now I know!

I lost a slew (technically defined as more than 5) of timers from yesterday, actually all of them. Of course I've messed with a bunch of things since setting them, such as scanning transponders on other and the same satellites as the timers and arranging the order of channels as they appear in the guide. I did not delete or otherwise alter the channels or transponders the timers were associated with. Perhaps this is the problem, that playing with something in the antenna or TP menu will affect the timers list. I haven't played with it enough to form any correlations, but I did set two timers over the next 5 days, and will resist messing in the menus in the mean time.

I lost a slew (technically defined as more than 5) of timers from yesterday, actually all of them. Of course I've messed with a bunch of things since setting them, such as scanning transponders on other and the same satellites as the timers and arranging the order of channels as they appear in the guide. I did not delete or otherwise alter the channels or transponders the timers were associated with. Perhaps this is the problem, that playing with something in the antenna or TP menu will affect the timers list. I haven't played with it enough to form any correlations, but I did set two timers over the next 5 days, and will resist messing in the menus in the mean time.

Setting timers, and then playing with the clock settings in the menu can wipe timers. I have seen this with my MicroHD. I have my MicroHD set to local time, and it doesn't keep accurate time at all. It drifts slow 1-2 minutes each day. I always bring up the channel info screen, and confirm the present time is right before setting a timer.

I have set the clock, tried both GMT and whatever the other is (Manual?) then set the timers to record, not channel, daily, sometimes the dates will change, often the timers will disappear, but I have only managed to get two recordings since I got the receivers. I have used both the 12VDC power and the inverter w/wall wart, I have used both a one meter dish with the micro as the only thing on it as well as a 75E and switches, and the other problem I have is the long delay responding to the remote - sometimes up to 3 seconds.

It did not like the motor home cupboard when it was so hot. I had to bring it into the shed to make it work at all, so this has not been a good experience for me. I will try to start all over, again after the end of September when things may calm down - before it gets too cold, again, and start over with the review. I am standing back in fear of the system locking up / crashing after changing software and editing channels, since after using the editor, I could not get the channels to change until I re-updated the firmware from the USB and then had to rescan........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)