GEOSATpro Micro Timer issues.

I have tried a factory reset. It doesn't appear to be due to the drive not being available. Two drives have been used. One usb powered the other from a wall wart. The last time there was a problem I was viewing another recording so I'd have to say the drive was available. The micro stopped the recording that was being viewed. The pop up window that appears before recording displayed. The light never turned red. The timer still existed at this point. When the time at which the recording should have ended arrived an end of recording pop up displayed. When the timer queue was checked the timer was gone. There have been far fewer problems since all timers were changed to weekly instead of daily. There is at least one other post from another individual in this thread reporting the same thing.

I certainly understand why fixing the issue with receivers rebooting incessantly took priority. The micro is still far more reliable than any other receiver I have owned.

Last edited:
Thank you for your understanding. We are currently working on several time related reports.

1. The report of the manual local time setting randomly syncing to GMT. This could certainly be a root cause for the loss of a timer event. We cannot duplicate, but we are carefully reviewing the code to find any exception that could cause Manual Local Time to sync to GMT.

2. Change the record timer routine to prevent automatic repeating timer deletion. If one occurrence experiences a signal loss or a drive issue prevents a recording, the repeating timer will be retained for future events.

3. Repeating record start sequence for the duration of the record event timer if signal is not present at the start of the event. We are attempting to retain the current feature to terminate a DVR recording if the signal is lost. We wish to modify this to terminate if a signal is not present for more than 2 continuous minutes during an executed record timer event.

Sorry to interrupt, but I just had an incident tonight, too. Like primestar, if I turn off my receiver, it loses time, so I keep it on if I am going to record something, and even keep it set on the same satellite. I was just going to record a regular program off BVN on Satmex6 Ku-band. I double checked and the recording timer was set for this evening. Unfortunately, when I got home, I had no recording and nothing in the timer, either. I pressed record to see if it would record anything off BVN instantly, and it did. No problem with previous firmware updates, so not sure why it didn't work this time.

Firmware version: GSPMHD_0.16_12062012

Last edited:
Yes, it is the new version 0.16. It would be odd (but I admit possible) if there were no satellite signal, as that transponder has a very strong signal here (74%) and was there both before I left and after I returned home. The USB jump drive was completely wiped of old files yesterday, so there was plenty of space (I have used this particular jump drive several times for this recording, both timed and manual with no problems) and it had been connected earlier this morning. Obviously, I don't know if any of the three possibilities you listed were the cause, because I wasn't at home (thus the reason why I used the timer).

Sorry...haven't had a chance to retest it yet. The series I was recording off of BVN ended, so I'll have to try something else just for testing :)

My building passed electrical inspection yesterday .. Christmas Cantata this weekend -- 5 of my 6 generators out of service, two repairable with about 2 hours each, one works on bench but doesn't work in position -- DVR1100C working perfectly using USB sticks and on the inverter -- getting heads up on pushed updates so timer is checked and corrected, then. Thirty seventh anniversary yesterday, our first cat (kitten then) came home yesterday after being missing for 5 months!
Very busy here But / And everything is wonderful, except extra time.. Oh yes, got last needed insulated wall up in our tunnel, and the old stub wall out and the inside temp is now 67 degrees with outside at 34 degrees and snow. Framing inspection next Thursday, then I will sheet rock the walls and ceiling.... Then back to the microHD! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)