Successful Launch and deployment of SXM-7

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
How many miles were on it when you gave it back?

No idea, only used a half a tank of gas though. I didn't drive it that much. I HATE cars, and I HATE crossovers. It's only truck based body on frame real SUVs for me. The heated steering wheel and automatic high beams were nice, but I hate being so low to the ground and I hate being in something so small. Although the touch screen display was decent. Going to get a 2019 or 2020 Navigator or Expedition in a couple of years and those giant touch screens that stick up look stupid and seem to be annoying as hell.

I managed a Radio Shack company store for many years in NE VT.At one point we sold both Sirius and XM.Based on customer feedback it seem liked Sirius didn't cut out as much ie satellites were higher in the sky.Anyone know if this is true?
Also never had the service until I got a car 2 and a half years ago that came with one year free.I certainly did notice that it would cut out at some point (usually in valleys) during every trip.Yesterday we made a 50 mile roundtrip listening to deep tracks.Got home and I noticed that it hadn't cut out once.
XM used two geostationary satellites located at 85 degrees and 115 degrees. The original satellites were called Rock and Roll. There was some sort of flaw or defect that was discovered and they were replaced in the mid-2000s with Rhythm and Blues. XM also had a very robust network of terrestrial repeaters to help in areas where the satellites were blocked.

Sirius originally used three geosynchronous that orbited earth in an elliptical pattern. Two satellites were always visible, one was not. Because of the higher elevation angle there was less of a need for terrestrial repeaters. They were replaced at one point with geostationary satellites located at 96 degrees and 116.15 degrees

I notice dead spots around town, no hills anywhere.
That was my experience when I first bought my 300 in 2013. But maybe 3 or 4 years later, those dead spots are gone. I suspect new terrestrial retransmitters, but I don't really know.

That was my experience when I first bought my 300 in 2013. But maybe 3 or 4 years later, those dead spots are gone. I suspect new terrestrial retransmitters, but I don't really know.
It's quick. Certain intersections I notice it. I't no more than a 5 second drop. I do notice it on the highway going into valleys it will drop for 30 seconds at a time.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
No idea, only used a half a tank of gas though. I didn't drive it that much. I HATE cars, and I HATE crossovers. It's only truck based body on frame real SUVs for me. The heated steering wheel and automatic high beams were nice, but I hate being so low to the ground and I hate being in something so small. Although the touch screen display was decent. Going to get a 2019 or 2020 Navigator or Expedition in a couple of years and those giant touch screens that stick up look stupid and seem to be annoying as hell.

I’ll pencil you in for a model X Plaid, and modernization therapy! :D

No thanks.

I'll never own an eclectic car and I'll never, ever support anything Musk is involved with. He's a creep and a conman. Some of his former employees, who are my present co-workers will attest to that. I took a ride in a Model S around the block back in 2012, and I was not impressed one bit. Nothing about Tesla's impress me at all and I fail to see the hype. And I'm convinced that's what started the idiotic trend of the supersized gaudy touch screens.

Only car I'll ever consider owning is a Shelby GT500, provided it has a big ole' V8, no candyass twin turbo V6. If I win the lottery, a Shelby as a summer car, a Raptor for the Winter, both matching with black with red stripes down the center. And an F-450 King Ranch (preferably with a 6.8 liter Triton V10) with a lift kit to run over the Priuses and Leafs that get stuck in the snow.

As a Ford guy, it warms my heart a little that it was their trademark on 'Model E' that prevented Tesla from using that name on their second car. That's not as S3XY and I bet Musky had a fit over that.

Reactions: david_jr
I’m sure that over the next 5-10 years, you’ll come to realize that you’ll be owning electrics in the future. You will have no choice. Look at the laws being passed in Europe, China, California and the United States (wink).

It’s already cheaper to own an electric over five years. By 2025, if not sooner, up front costs will be equivalent. By 2030, the writing will be on the wall for even the densist.

I like driving the safest vehicle on the highway. I like passing gas stations. I like how easy it is to recharge at home overnight, at my campground and even on the highway. I like the reliability, and the almost nonexistent maintenance. And I can out accelerate almost any gasser on the road. Merging options have expanded.

ICE vehicles will become harder to buy new, and more expensive to fuel. And fewer places will put up with their noise and pollution. Do you really want to continue polluting the air like we have for the past hundred years?

Just look at the New Green Deal, and what is likely to happen over the next four years. It is irreversible. Especially if there is one more battery breakthrough. Say, halving the cost of batteries. Oh, right- Tesla is on track with that. If Toyota pulls off their Solid State battery, game over, ASAP.

Lots of folks like gassers. But money will rule.

I suspect most of not all super successful people have unpleasant sides to their personality. But that doesn’t mean they haven’t done a lot of good.

Nope, not gonna happen. Gas is good. Drill, baby drill!

Obviously cost is not my #1 concern, neither are gas prices. My previous SUV required 91 or higher and I bought it in 2008 when gas prices were over $4.00/gallon for premium. I just don't care.

I like driving 500 - 600 miles a day and not having to find a changing station, I like refilling in 5 minutes, I like using proven methods of transportation that have been around for a hundred years, not some new fangled stuff being shoved down our throats. Change is bad. I don't need all of these gadgets and gizmos in these cars, I don't want nor need a giant touch screen to turn the A/C on.

I would take a 1996 Bronco XLT with it's solid steel front and rear bumpers any day versus the plastic Matchbox toys they make these days. Real American steel, real V8 power.

Reactions: TRG
I love you Navy you know I do! But I hope you are DEAD wrong. I'm with EarDemon on this one:devilish Northeast winter will not be kind to an electric. I see lots of them in the summer around here. Last year at Tanglewood in Lenox I saw two Teslas in a row on the road for the first time ever. But I NEVER see them in the winter. Right now we have almost a 3 foot snow pack on the ground and have been in the singles or below zero for what seems like more than a month. And oh by the way we have a small snow coming Saturday night and possibly another bigger storm coming Tuesday. It's not electric vehicle weather. They're a summer toy or if you live in the south. I still see hybrids around this time of year, but very few all electrics in the wintah, which goes on forevah around here!! I do think the Tesla looks good though. But we only have two seasons here, winter and the 4th of July!!

Progress will overwhelm you both! :D

5-10 years. And I suspect there are some surprises from the current administration.

Torque issue? BEVs have instant torque, better than ICE vehicles. The Tesla semi out accelerates by far any ICE semi on the road.

Nope. My 5th wheel is 15,725 lbs. dry. Add another few thousand pounds for water, food and gear. The trimotor specs out @ 14,000 lbs. and looks like dog poop.
Yea it looks stupid. Plus I wonder if it ever sees full production.

What- you don’t believe the claims made by Nikola? How about Lucid? Toyota’s Solid State battery claims?

New day, new claim by new player.

;)

Reactions: david_jr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)