Sucuri firewall?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudleydog73

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I was logged in this morning on my computer but now I get redirected to another page if I refresh the forum pages saying:

What is going on? Why here? The site you are visiting is using Sucuri CloudProxy. For some reason it is not configured correctly.

It goes on to say to open a ticket if I am the client to have them look at it.

Error details:

URL: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/forums
Error ID: DEF102
Error Reason: Domain mane not configured
Server ID: cp14005

Is this on your end or mine?

Yup you were not seeing things... Looks like our firewall had an issue but has been resolved. (Phew!)

I hate when things break when I am not touching anything. :D

Well, guess what? My main work computer is now doing this too. How long until your fix propagates?

It looked like they had an issue with their firewall, as other sites that use them were down too at the same time...

Glad it wasn't us... PHEW!

Reactions: JSheridan
Heres the explination from support.

Hi,

This was a temporary issue that happened on this particular firewall during the push of new rules.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks.

I think Sucuri is having problems again. I can't access SatelliteGuys from my work computers again this morning.

We have been using Sucuri for over 3 years now, so not sure if that is the issue.

I have seen that Comcast has been having some issues with their backbone connectivity the past few days. I am not sure if the issue is related.

Well, the symptoms sure look the same as yesterday. I've been locked out all day, except for my cell phone.

Looks like it may be a DNS issue.

Our NS3.SATELLITEGUYS.US server appears to be having issues.

I have just moved all of our DNS to be hosted by Sucuri, besides having all of our DNS server hosted outside our main server this allows Sucuri to perform traffic shaping which should also give us better performance.

The only downside is the DNS update could take over 24 hours to propagate to the internet.

This should take care of the issue, however ever if does not PM me your IP address that its not working on and I will pass it along to support.

Reactions: TheKrell
Me neither. Posting from my phone at the moment. My employer uses Cogent, if that helps.

Ok still appears to be a DNS issue. After NS3 crashed I moved our DNS to be hosted by Sucuri as it offers us traffic shaping which makes your connection faster to you.

However I made a mistake in moving the dns that I removed the A records for ns1 and ns2 from the Sucuri DNS setup. This was a mistake in more ways than one... First of all not all ISP's propagate DNS changes correctly, some dont update like they are supposed to, while others flap and get the new DNS info one some of their DNS servers while some of their other DNS servers have the old info.

This was the issue you guys were having, your ISP's had the old DNS info as times. With NS1 and NS2 not answering you would time out... then it would start working because on of their other DNS servers had the correct info. Then later when that DNS was busy you were handed off again to the DNS server with old info.

But it also caused another issue... I had other domains and forgot their DNS was being hosted by NS1 and NS2. So for those sites they were unavilable this morning as name servers that correctly update couldn't find ns1 and ns2 anymore. OOPS! Luckily the other sites are minor sites and mainly used for email hosting / forwarding for work. :)

I have put NS1 and NS2 A records back in at Sucuri DNS. This immediately fixed some of the issues. And you guys should be fixed now as now even if your own ISP's name server is wrong it can still access the info from the old DNS servers, NS1 and NS2 again. For those ISP's this shouldn't be a issue in a few days.

Learned more about DNS then I wanted to today. :D

Reactions: TheKrell and KE4EST
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts