Sucuri firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the 300,000 unique IP addresses that visit here a month only 3 people have mentioned having an issue over the past month.

When these issues happen, I don't know they happen. If you could please post a screenshot of the error so I can send it off to the firewall company and find out whats going on that would help greatly. :)

It's not an error, it just stops connecting. The browser says connecting to satelliteguys.us until it times out. I run a tracert and it stops right before the Securi firewall.

Here's the tracrt when it's working:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Admin>tracert satelliteguys.us

Tracing route to satelliteguys.us [192.124.249.5]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms MAIN [192.168.1.1]
2 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms bbr0.XXXXXXXX[XX.XX.XX.XX]
3 12 ms 9 ms 8 ms te0-3-0-1.asr0.XXXXXXXXXX [XX.XX.XX.XX]
4 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms te0-7-0-3.ccr21.alb02.atlas.cogentco.com [38.104.52.13]
5 12 ms 13 ms 16 ms be2915.ccr41.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.40.62]
6 18 ms 20 ms 19 ms be2806.ccr41.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.40.106]
7 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms be3083.ccr41.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30.54]
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 20 ms 19 ms 19 ms cloudproxy10005.sucuri.net [192.124.249.5]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Admin>

And here's the tracert when it's not working:

C:\Users\Admin>tracert satelliteguys.us

Tracing route to satelliteguys.us [192.124.249.5]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms MAIN [192.168.1.1]
2 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms bbr0.XXXXXXXX[XX.XX.XX.XX]
3 12 ms 9 ms 8 ms te0-3-0-1.asr0.XXXXXXXXXX [XX.XX.XX.XX]
4 9 ms 9 ms 10 ms te0-7-0-3.ccr21.alb02.atlas.cogentco.com [38.104.52.13]
5 12 ms 13 ms 12 ms be2915.ccr41.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.40.62]
6 18 ms 18 ms 18 ms be2806.ccr41.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.40.106]
7 21 ms 19 ms 19 ms be3083.ccr41.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30.54]
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 ^C
C:\Users\Admin>

I X'd out the local ID and IP's.

That's a backbone problem as you are not even getting to the firewall.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I don't know exactly what that means but if I change my IP address it lets me right in.

This is the only site anywhere on the internet that I ever have any problem with.

If the firewall was blocking it you would still be hitting it and it would give you an error message saying you were blocked if you were blocked.

So no clue on what's going on there. :(

So no clue on what's going on there. :(

That makes 2 of us.

I get real panicky if I can't get to my favorite site. ;)

Something is blocking my IP and it's only when coming here and it never happened before Sucuri was used here and the tracert ends right at the sucuri hop, so if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... :)

I'd bet it's sucuri blocking me somehow and for some unknown reason.

That makes 2 of us.

Something is blocking my IP and it's only when coming here and it never happened before Sucuri was used here and the tracert ends right at the sucuri hop, so if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... :)

I agree with what you have said here but like I said this problem only happens to me when trying to read a certain backroom thread and after waiting a while (30 minutes is my guess) I can get back to the site.

Reactions: JSheridan
That makes 2 of us.

We have been using Sucuri for almost 3 years now. For the first year and a half I just never mentioned it. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I agree with what you have said here but like I said this problem only happens to me when trying to read a certain backroom thread and after waiting a while (30 minutes is my guess) I can get back to the site.

The first time I was blocked and I didn't know what was going on it went on for at least 12 hours before I figured it out and got my ISP to change my IP. The next time it was about 18 hours before they could change me from a static to dynamic IP because it was a holiday. Every time as soon as I get new IP I get right in.

Like I said before this has happened many, many times but usually this only happens between 12M and 12:15 AM (until a couple of nights ago when it started blocking me in the 10PM hour). If I'm logged into the forum during that time I get blocked. I haven't waited to see how long the block was for but I saw a post the other day, I think from Geronimo, that he was blocked for a day and then got back in. I don't know whether the block passed or his IP changed.

I don't know what the heck is doing this but it sure is a PITA.

So you don't see any Sucuri or firewall message either?

So you don't see any Sucuri or firewall message either?
No messages and its been happening to me for a long, long time, best guess at least a couple of years. I even tried reducing to 10 posts per page which helped a little but did not eliminate the problem. I wish I knew what it was about those specific threads. At least what ever it is resets for me and I can get back in.

Reactions: JSheridan
Do you have any IoT devices on your home LAN? Maybe one or more of those is compromised and causing your external IP address to be blocked.

Do you have any IoT devices on your home LAN? Maybe one or more of those is compromised and causing your external IP address to be blocked.

Just a couple of Hoppers. :biggrin

Seriously though, I've got a surveillance system, a couple of Hoppers, a TV or 2, a Droid phone and a Android tablet connected to that network. That's a good thought though and I can test it by connecting to a different internet connection and a router with nothing else connected. First chance I get I'm gonna try that. It has to be tested between 12M and 12:15AM so it might be a few nights until I can fit that in my schedule.

Thanks.

Reactions: Foxbat
So I got blocked again twice today, after quite a while of no problems. Same old problem. A change in IP lets me right in. I hope whatever is doing the blocking will break or something. :)

With no error messages or screen shots its hard for me to diagnose. If Sucuri blocks you, you will see a screen letting you know.

Not sure if you are having an issue because of the fiber cut that is being reported on the radio.

It's the same problem as noted in this thread. There is no message or screen shot only the tracerts that are almost identical to those that are posted previously in this thread. The connection just stops and times out when it gets to the Sucuri firewall. I don't have the knowledge to know if a backbone problem can be responsible or not but I do know that as soon as I get a new IP address I get right back in even on the same ISP.

Oh, and thanks Scott for looking into this. It's been a royal PITA on and off for a long time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)