Sudden satellite loss on the 722 now????

Loss of SAt on TV1 only

Turn on the box this AM no signal flashing across screen on TV1 however the audio was working and TV2 was fine.

I about had it with the 722 before I upgraded in Jan.2008 I can't remember the box number we had, it's the same as the 722 without the OTA. Was that a 622 or a 522 dual tuner?( got it Oct. 2005) dose dish still provide these?

Unbelivable!!!! to make my story short: 722 crashed around middle of june after software upgrade. Keeps rebooting and getting same error message 015 (aquiring satellite signal) all the time. Dish had switched my receiver 3 times, they have come up to my house 5 times and can not fix the problem. I do not have OTA anymore since I learned that could be the cause of the problem. I am shocked at the poor experince of the tech support on 1800 # who keeps on saying they know nothing about software issues, even though the tech on the field keeps on mentioning they are having lots of costumers with same situation. I have tried everything, reseting, checking switch, reset to factory default. The new receiver is doing the same. What else can I do?

to all you who are experiencing satellite signal loss:
Do you have OTA channels added with 722 ATSC tuner ? if so , then that is what causing problem. If you reset 722 to factory default setting (which will remove OTA channels ) your system will work fine. no it will not delete any timer or dishpass.

I have been experiencing this same issue, someone mentioned it to me that it is new firmware that is having conflict with OTA, which causes satellite signal lost.

Now we know what causing this problem, can some tell us work around so we can enjoy OTA without satellite lost. Perheps way to reverse firmware to previous stable version??????????

I have the OTA on the 722 can someone confirm. The reason I ask is I have had my 722 since October, and the firmware was fine. Now The software upgrades do not alter the firmware correct? Firmware to me if a factory installed and cannot be wiped remotely by Dish. I do not know how Dish handles Firmware as opposed to software,maybe someone can clarify this for me. I do know that a simple reset took care of my problem for over a week now, which lead me to believe the software gets hung up on something which could point back to OTA use.

My 322 (I think) has been doing the same thing (minus the OTA issues). I was ready to cancel my service, since I have Directv on one tv for MLB Extra Innings. I figured if I was going to have to get a technician to come out, I might as well just add another receiver and get the service call done free with Directv rather than pay Dish to send someone to correct the problems.

Luckily I started reading on some forums. I figured either my dvr had gone bad (3-1/2 years old) or the LNB was bad. Some days tv1 wouldn't have a signal for parts of the day and other days it woud be tv2. Most of the time my recordings would either be missed due to signal error or they would record and parts of the recordings would be lost or scrambled. Once I read on here that people were having problems, I came up with a short term (hopefully) solution. Every morning I do a check switch and unplug and replug the dvr. This seems to work. Over the weekend I was up during the normal system check time and cancelled out of it. I didn't have a problem the days after that. Therefore, I'm getting the problem when the system updates/checks for updates each night. I guess I'll keep doing this until they correct the software issues. It will suck when I have to go out of town, though, and won't be there to do the morning resets.

Our 722 has had no rebooting issues for 2-3 weeks now but starting Thursday morning the rebooting is back,can't even run a check switch when this thing is buggin:mad:

If this goes thru the weekend I'll put in a request for replacement first thing Monday morning.

What's the life expectancy of a 722? 6 months?

Yup,just called tech support and the lady stated that yes the 722's are getting a software update that is to occur over a period of 3 downloads or 3 days which started on Thursday.

She stated to power off the receiver for 45 mins then power up so it downloads the next segment till it's completed then repeater the 45 min power down to complete any software that has not been downloaded from this update.

Does this make any sense or is this kosher?

In the past week our VIP722 receiver has exhibited signal loss from the satellites,mind you this is during the day or night and on any of the 3 satellites:mad:

I've checked the signal levels on all 3 birds,great signal on each as it was installed in January no change.

Has anyone else experienced this with their 722 lately?:confused:
It's happening on one of my 622s. Gets very annoying for a while and then goes away for a week or so. Happened again two nights ago so I did a power plug reboot. Doubt if that will fix it though. Something changed in the software starting with 511 it seems.

Okay this is getting stranger and stranger(not surprising with satellite) just for grins and grins I decided to check the dish' 110 & 119 signal levels which all were consistent with the levels when it was installed by the Dish installer.

So since the signal levels were fine and I had already reverted all the 129 programming to 61.5 I decided to see how much tweaking I could do with the 1000.2 dish for the remaining 100/119 pair.

What I typically received on the 110 was mid 40's now with a 2 degree adjustment up in elevation put everything in the mid 50's to 75 which hadn't been seen since the Dish 500 days.

119 used to hang in the 30's to 40's now it's 60's to 80???

The rebooting has stopped(for now) but now it seems the updates are canning some of my DVR timers:confused:

My 722 loses SAT signal every day. It occurs without fail and is in relation to the once daily (3am) update/reset. Changing the time of the reset confirms that the loss is only after the reset happens. A forced (manual) reset on the front panel will produce the same results. The only way out of it is to physically disconnect the input anywhere between the dish and the splitter. Then 5 minutes later and everything is fine. Service coming tomorrow (4th visit). I'm already on my 2nd receiver since installation in June!