Receive Dish Network with a D* dish?

browerjs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
Beavercreek, OH
Is it possible to receive Dish Network programming with a DirecTV dish? My dad currently has a DirecTV dish installed at his vacation home (no current programming), but was wondering if he had Dish Network installed at his regular home, if he'd be able to bring his boxes to the vacation house and use his current dish.

I know if this is even possible, he'd probably have to reaim the d* dish, and i'm guessing that he would need to purchase a e* LNB, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any help

Depending on what D* dish he has it is possible, but unless he is OK just "seeing" one of the satellites, It would be alot easier to just get the same E* Dish that he has at home. They are pretty cheap and can be purchased from a local retailer, Ebay and the site sponsors like Dishstore.com <-- I've used before and would recommend.

It's important to note that this regards the Dish itself and not the LNBs or switches that might exist.

As the Dish doesn't increase the cost too much more than the purchase of the LNB's, I'd recommend the Dish 500+ so that all core programming can be received.

Well actually if it is a regular D* single LNBF that can be used (as a legacy) LNBF on E* equipment as well.

but you'd only see one satellite and if say there is a DishPro Twin at the other house (the mian residence) then you'd have to run a check switch each time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts