Suddenlink tivo

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
How many hours if recording will the TiVo hold in high def? How many in standard def? Can you hook up an external hard drive to transfer recording off the TiVo to free up room ? I'm with uverse but thinking of switching to dish or suddenlink.

Thanks.

TiVo does not work directly with Dish. Besides, which Tivo? Anyway, Dish DVRs, esp the Hopper, are better.

With digital encoding and compression schemes, determining the # of hours is a bit of guesswork. MPEG-2 vs MPEG-4 - might get twice as much in 4 as 2.

How many hours if recording will the TiVo hold in high def? How many in standard def? Can you hook up an external hard drive to transfer recording off the TiVo to free up room ? I'm with uverse but thinking of switching to dish or suddenlink.

Thanks.

Hi kpip99- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. I would be happy to go over our TiVo offerings with you. Please feel free to email me at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!

We had looked at the Tivo deal with Suddenlink but it was going to cost $17, PER Tivo if you want to do multi-room viewing. This was back in late 2011 though.

Shannon is good and will help you with anything Suddenlink related!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)