Sue Motorola or What's Up There best bet!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stoker_x1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
US
Guess I was left out in the cold while everyone else found their way to the "WUT" thread, site, secret site.

Could someone direct me to the "What's up There" "WUT" location.

I now have four motorola 4DTV's and don't want to see them become movers. I would be interested in trying to help or at least testing some of the ideas being offered up."

What does it take to become aware? This Secret WUT thing seems strange. Why would anything we want to do with our 4DTV receivers need to be secret?

First of All, we own our 4DTV receivers and we are not doing anything illegal with them. The fact that we just want to Map them, is not illegal. Receiving open signals from the Sats is not theft. If providers don't want us to see their programing without paying for it, then they encrypt the signals. Since we are not trying to decrypt their signals, we are not stealing anything. Mapping allows us to see or find satellites that have programing in the open or at least open to the 4DTV receivers. If we are not suppose to see those programs, trust me, they would let us.

If my 4Dtv's become dish movers at the end of the year, I do not plan to let that pass without a fight. Motorola and the providers who sold the 4DTV's in recent years have more than a passing legal obligation in my opinion.

The pizza dish people have been suing people over theft of signal for several years now. They might even have the hands involved in making 4D's go away. If that is true, then I believe they would then be guilty of theft of signal. I bought my 4D receivers in good faith and now the powers to be are rendering them obsolete well before the end of the life expectancy. In my opinion, "The sellers made promises and representations regarding the 4DTV receivers when they were actively marketing these receivers

It would be really great to see a class action law suite filed against Motorola and name Dish and others as co-defendants.

Dish and DirectTV consider theft of signal as a serious breech of their lawful rights. Taking away my ability to view open signals legally with my 4D's based on their greed, is the same thing.

The question is this. If 10,000 people with 4DTV's joined together in a class action suite, would the powers to be then find a way to continue Mapping for us into the distant future?

Anyway, I still want to know about "What's Up There".

Well I thought the same thing I even have a thread about it.I actually went and talked toa lawyer about this.What he said was:That I can sue motorola or the providers ONLY if the HITS thing would not have hapenned.So that's why I believe skyvision is evil.They're not doing this w5 thing to save C band but to save their behinds.If they really shut down C band like they planned to in the first then we culd sue but the only thing we would get is maybe Motorola or the providers should pay the first few months of small dish for us or something in that direction.Well all 10000 of us would sue them well they may reconsider but they saved themselves because if we can subscribe to hits that means our receivers are stillusable and that means we can't sue.That's what the lawyer told me.That's why they won't just shut down C band.They need to PISS us OFF first so we go away on our own then they can shutdown.The W5 is comng just to piss people off.First they want you to do a master reset so you'll lose the dish moving cabability of your receiver so you'll only get W5.Then once you sub to the few measly channels on there that's availabl to us more channel will stop letting usw sub that we'll get pissed off and go dishnetwork.That's their real plan.

There is no way to WUT without being setup by the mods.
You may be invited to WUT after you have been here quite a while (months to a year) and have quite a few posts (50-100 or so) - so that the mods get to know you.
Bob

Well, I think I've been here long enough... better get the post count up.
I don't have a 4DTV but maybe I need one after all.

At this time, a person can buy a 4DTV 922 moto or GI on auction for around $50. Three months ago, most were selling for $250. The uncertainty of the future for 4DTV has most people selling cheap.

Motorola and the providers who were selling these receivers not long ago have abandoned their customers and caused great monetary loss. We bought in good faith and they did not issue even one warning about possibly dropping support for their product. They and others just took our money.

All I'm doing here is saying what we all know already. But we shouldn't allow them to walk away so easily. The loss is ours, not theirs, and they don't care. I would like to join with others and start a class action law suite, or I would be willing to help start a boycott against Motorola products Nation Wide. People should be made aware of how Motorola has treated so many good customers.

W5 will use 4D's for service, but I bought mine to view all the sats that offer free channels, not just W5, but all sats. Without mapping, these receivers become one sat systems just like the pizza dish providers. I would not have bought a 4DTV receiver if I had know this prior to purchase. They knew that and didn't tell us.

All we want is the ability to continue to use the receiver we bought in good faith. To do that they need to provide us with a means to map our receivers. They can't just turn our 4DTV receivers into boat anchors and just walk away.

Someone should start a poll to see just how many people would join in on a class action suite or a boycott.

I hate the idea of 4DTV as we knew it going away. But they (motorola) abondoned the technology many years ago. I am surprised it survived this long. it would be like keeping the your old 286 computer and using now days on the internet! it works but technology has marched on.

i seriously look for the day when cable headends don't even use Digicipher II anymore. i believe PowerVu is the future. it follows the world DVB standards and i believe it is cheaper for programmers to that platform.

The last time I checked, admittedly a long time back, the Scientific Atlanta PowerVu receivers/de-scramblers were cost prohibitive and not generally available to the public at large.
There was also a potential problem getting authorized to purchase any programming.

Last edited:
Write a well worded formal complaint to your states attorney general. The only way you will see any fall out from this is in the form of anti trust enforcement. The issue is not so much Motorola. No company is compelled under any law in the United States to support a product forever. (Its unreasonable) The real issue is programming exists in the highest quality on C Band and the industry as a whole is REFUSING to sell the programming to the public. They require you to use a cable television provider, or a DBS provider to get their programming, but only after destroying the quality.

Also forget about a class action lawsuit, the best that will get you is a check for about 80 cents.

It is done ...

Well I thought the same thing I even have a thread about it.I actually went and talked toa lawyer about this.What he said was:That I can sue motorola or the providers ONLY if the HITS thing would not have hapenned.So that's why I believe skyvision is evil.They're not doing this w5 thing to save C band but to save their behinds.If they really shut down C band like they planned to in the first then we culd sue but the only thing we would get is maybe Motorola or the providers should pay the first few months of small dish for us or something in that direction.Well all 10000 of us would sue them well they may reconsider but they saved themselves because if we can subscribe to hits that means our receivers are stillusable and that means we can't sue.That's what the lawyer told me.That's why they won't just shut down C band.They need to PISS us OFF first so we go away on our own then they can shutdown.The W5 is comng just to piss people off.First they want you to do a master reset so you'll lose the dish moving cabability of your receiver so you'll only get W5.Then once you sub to the few measly channels on there that's availabl to us more channel will stop letting usw sub that we'll get pissed off and go dishnetwork.That's their real plan.

But, the "W5 thing" has NOT happened. It may never happen. I wrote on satforums that Mike M was breaking a contract to deliver that he had made by canceling the G3 feed and uplink. It was HIS decision alone, based on profit, to unilaterally break the contract with no recourse to the subscribers.
I then got the 'refund' offer, of 'up to $500', if IF I got at Dish Network subscription and installation. NO mention of C-band credits or refunds.
I consider that NPS is like a company contracting to supply water and electricity. They make money until the cost of goods sold exceeds revenue. But, they contracted for many people over long periods of time. Some have had their 'uplink fees' refunded to pay their Dish Network bills ... Those of us who don't like pizza especially got the short end of the stick. That is not treating customers equally. Those who provided NPS with their sign up bonuses reduced the uplink fee stream enough to make NPS pull the plug. NPS started pulling on the support beams and columns, and succeeded in tearing down the house early.
BTW, I've been here a while, and just the other day heard of WUT. Can someone tell me what it is all about. I am on espee and 4DTV Owners Only at satforum, and have been around a long time as tomw0 there.

tom

NPS is a bunch of crooks and getting away with murder. Their games will backfire on them eventually..

WUT is our area for hidden feeds etc. You have to be here a while with some posting and referred by someone I believe. That's how I got in.

NPS is a bunch of crooks and getting away with murder. Their games will backfire on them eventually..

WUT is our area for hidden feeds etc. You have to be here a while with some posting and referred by someone I believe. That's how I got in.

It is for DVB only or DVB and DCII? I think the sections should be separated and the DCII section be a little more relaxed about letting people in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)