Suggestions for installing Paraclypse 12 ft dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Richinald

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2015
Aruba
Hello,

I would like to request if there are fellow members that can give based on their experiences, the best way for installing the satellite section (the satellite dish itself) on a Paraclypse satellite mount, like I have seen a sat. tech using a scaffold for installing onto the satellite mount the satellite section (the satellite dish itself)

Thank you for sharing your suggestions and experiences.

Richinald

Hello,

I would like to request if there are fellow members that can give based on their experiences, the best way for installing the satellite section (the satellite dish itself) on a Paraclypse satellite mount, like I have seen a sat. tech using a scaffold for installing onto the satellite mount the satellite section (the satellite dish itself)

Richinald
Know anyone with a cherry picker (bucket truck) or back hoe? They could easily lift it in place while you bolt it on. I've never done it myself but have also seen a few posts/threads here about using a gin pole to lift dishes onto the mount. Obviously you would need to take precautions and plan this out carefully as there is some danger involved. :rolleyes:

Gin pole - Wikipedia
gin pole - Google Search
Jin Pole
I'd like to connect with those of you who have Winegard Pinnacle's
Lifting a 10' BUD into place question

Good luck! :)

Know anyone with a cherry picker (bucket truck) or back hoe? They could easily lift it in place while you bolt it on. I've never done it myself but have also seen a few posts/threads here about using a gin pole to lift dishes onto the mount. Obviously you would need to take precautions and plan this out carefully as there is some danger involved. :rolleyes:

Gin pole - Wikipedia
gin pole - Google Search
Jin Pole
I'd like to connect with those of you who have Winegard Pinnacle's
Lifting a 10' BUD into place question

Good luck! :)
Hello,

Thank you for the the advice and tips for the doing the satellite install, I appreciate it.

Reactions: FTA4PA
How high is the mount from the ground? I had four guys, including me to lift and mount mine on the pole.

Hello,

Richinald

I'm not certain about how high this dish will be off the ground, but if it's a ground mount rather than a roof mount, I would think a couple hefty friends, and yourself, should be able to lift it into place. Maybe I overlooked it, but I didn't see where you said it was wire mesh or fiberglass. Fiberglass of course, is a little more difficult to handle, and a lot heavier. I've handled 12 foot fiberglass dishes numerous times. If it's windy, plan on doing it another day. Those things will hurt you if they get away from you.

It’s been a while since I installed mine so I forget the actual steps I used. When I took it apart I took out all the mesh panels, took all the cross members out and most of the frame. I was able to loosen the bolts on the plates that hold the framework and then move four of the framework together so I could transport it easily. Also removed the actuator, one bolt from the elevation adjustment turnbuckle and the bolt that the mount pivots on. The frame and base (that slides over your existing pole) are now apart.

I set it up by sliding the bottom back over my pole. I then moved the unassembled frame to the pole and attached only the pivot bolt loosely. I think I used a box or plank and some bricks to bring it to the right height to be able to get that pivot bolt in. Then start assembling the framework and cross supports. Here’s what makes it easy - DON’T attach the elevation turnbuckle or actuator yet. You are able to flip the dish over east and west and also north (to some extent) on that pivot bolt. I think I had to use a small step ladder to get at a few bolts on the northern most top. Then I started sliding in the mesh panels. I have two panels in each section. Clip them all in place. The key is the ability to flip the dish on the mount in many different directions so you don’t have to do any high, unstable climbing. Once completed attach the feedhorn support arm, elevation adjustment bolt and actuator and do the final fine tuning.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)