$$ Summary of D* Offers Available - Most offers end 7/14 & 7/21! Save over $1500 $$

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaj1701

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Rochester, MN DMA #153
I think they're a still quite a few folks on the fence about signing up with DirecTV. I think now is kinda the perfect storm of offers from both DirecTV and partners. I figured I'd summarize what's available now just so everyone knows what's going on. I have separate threads on the "how to" on some of these deals, especially how to do some of the stacking. I thought a list of the deals without the mess of the "how to do it" would be valuable to help you determine which deal or combination of deals would be best for you.

The general rumor is that the current promotions will be replaced by the 5 free months of Premere with the purchase of NFL Sunday Ticket. If you don't have an interest in Sunday Ticket, it may the be the safest to sign up on or before 7/14/2010.

New customers only of course on most offers.

Bottom line....

DO NOT just settle for the national offer....stack one of the retailer's Gift Cards and/or BING Cashback.

DO NOT order without a REFERRAL from a FRIEND. We're all friends here. PM a staff member if you need an account #. Only 40% of member here that took the promotions poll had a referral on their order. Contact someone here for one!!!!

PRINT EVERYTHING. Every page...showing you ordered from Best Buy or showing the BING 40% cashback banner, etc etc. Just in case you have issues, you'll have proof. I recommend saving every screenshot you can as a PDF just in in case.

Considering the 24mo commitment, all total savings will be calculated over 24mos.

DirecTV's National Offer **ENDS 7/21**

$348 - $29/mo off for 12mos - National Promotion
$240 - $10/mo off to life - HD for Life
$298 - Free HD-DVR and HD receiver (or only $99 for 2 HD-DVRs) + free standard receviers
$100 - Referral from a friend (no SatelliteGuys member should sign up without a referral, PM a staff member if you need an acct #
$ 72 - Free Showtime and HBO (possible extra $50 savings with $25 rebates from each)

$1058 "savings" over 2 years

CHOICE XTRA costs with 2 receviers and Whole House HD DVR service. No premiums.

Months: 1-10 $39.99 11-12 $49.99 13-24 $78.99

DirecTV's Regional Offer (National Offer + $14/mo for months 13-24) **ENDS 7/21**

Same as above plus

$348 - $14/mo off for months 13-24 - Regional Promotion

$1406 "savings" over 2 years

CHOICE XTRA costs with 2 receviers and Whole House HD DVR service. No premiums.

Months: 1-10 $39.99 11-12 $49.99 13-24 $64.99

BING CASHBACK, stackable with DirecTV's National or Regional offer **ENDS 7/31**

....basically, if your signing up for DirecTV via the web, it's probably stackable with BING.

BING Cashback is no longer as of 7/31/2010. Currently, BING Cashback is at 40%, and has been for the last month, but could end/change at anytime and definitely ends 7/31/2010.

The 40% is ONLY for the amount you get billed for at the time of your order, typically the Installation Fees (like TV Internet Connection Service) and Hardware Costs, like extra receivers. It has not been confirmed if a deposit is charged due to choice or bad credit, if that $300 is counted towards the rebate or not. Tax and shipping charges are not included. The check can be requested or money transferred to your PayPal account 60 days from the date of your order.

Savings... could be $200 or more....Your savings will vary a lot depending on how much hardware you order. I saved $208 with 4 HD-DVRs and TV Internet Connection Service.

Best Buy Gift Cards - Appears stackable with DirecTV's offers as well as BING Cashback. **ENDS 7/14**

$50 for signing up for DirecTV though Best Buy's DirecTV store instead of direct at DirecTV's website.

Additional $300 for also buying a $499 or above HDTV from Best Buy during the Rebate period.

Savings...$350 gc w/tv, $50 gc w/o tv purchase.
http://www.bestbuy.directv.com/images/cobranding/PDF/BestBuyRebateForm.pdf

Negative: Must pay $499+ for an HDTV to get the extra $300 gift card.

CostCo Gift Cards - Appears stackable with DirecTV's offers as well as BING Cashback. **ENDS 7/14**

$50 gift card for signing up through CostCo's DirecTV store
Add'l $200 gift card for also buying any HDTV from CostCo.

Savings...$250 gc w/tv $50 gc w/o TV

Negative: Requires membership. Must buy HDTV to get additional $200 gift card.

http://cw.directv.com/images/cobranding/PDF/CostcoRebateForm.pdf

HD Extra Pack Free for 3 months (add after installation) **ENDS ??**

Savings...$15

DIRECTV: Premiums : HD Extra Pack : Overview

Buy HBO @14.99 get Cinemax Free (add after installation) **ENDS ??**

Savings...about $30

This was offered on my first call in to DirecTV. YMMV

Go GREEN, get $20 back from DirecTV **ENDS 60 days after installation**

Savings...$20

Sign up for paperless billing,etc and get $20 back. It's not reflected online, but confirmed with DirecTV customer service and Stonecold.

I don't know that I can remember a time where there were better DirecTV offers with other great offers that can be stacked with it. Here are some of the "other" deals that can be better for some people, but I think most will benefit the most from the above deals.

=================================================
OTHER Promotions

Dan Patrick members Extra $10 off for 12mos, 12mos of free protection in addition to DirecTV national offer, possibly regional offer as well. **ENDS 7/14**

I believe Dan Patrick membership is free. Must phone in.

Savings...$191.88...including the value of the free 12mo of protection plan service.

Negative: Must pay $19.99 Shipping. Can't get BING cashback or Retailer rebates. Probably no referral discount.

Dan Patrick DirecTV Exclusive Offer

AAA additional $10 off for 20 months in addition to DirecTV national offer, possibly regional offer as well. **ENDS 7/14**

Must call in.

Savings...$200!

Negative: Must pay $19.99 Shipping. Can't get BING cashback or Retailer rebates. Probably no referral discount. Requires expensive AAA membership

Target $75 Gift Card for ordering through Target in addition to DirecTV national offer, possibly regional offer as well. **ENDS ???**

Must call in. See store for Brochure.

Negative: Must pay $19.99 Shipping. Can't get BING cashback. Probably no referral discount.

NOTE: You must promise not to hold it against me if better deals come out after the current offers expire. I know I missed some too I'm sure.

Please don't hesitate to post or PM your questions! I'd be glad to help!!

GOOD LUCK!

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
If I no longer have a commitment am I considered a "new" customer for purposes of these promotions?

If I no longer have a commitment am I considered a "new" customer for purposes of these promotions?

If your asking.....

If you currently have service but happen to be past your commitment period.....nope....your an existing customer and can only call in a plead to try to get a discount of some type, but no new customer deals.

If you use to have service, but haven't had for years, you MIGHT be able to get a new customer deal.

If you currently have service, cancel, and sign up for new service using a different name and social security number....then you probably will be a new customer. But that's taking advantage of the system and you'll have to live with your guilt.

DirecTV - combining offers

Jason,
Very good info. Looking to switch from DishNetwork.
A couple of questions.
1. Do you know what regions are included in the regional offer? When I browse Directv site, I do not see this offer.
2. Any tips on getting 'referral from a friend' offer along with Costco offer?

Thanks a lot

Jason,
Very good info. Looking to switch from DishNetwork.
A couple of questions.
1. Do you know what regions are included in the regional offer? When I browse Directv site, I do not see this offer.
2. Any tips on getting 'referral from a friend' offer along with Costco offer?

Thanks a lot

1. I don't know if any one here does know what regions. If you've gotten to the point of typing in your zip code and not seeing the discount, then your probably not in one of those regions. You can try 55902 if you want to see the discount....then I assume if you put your zip back in...it'll disappear.

2. Yes, I can. Here's how to do it for either Best Buy or CostCo.

------------------
Start placing your order with CostCo (or Best Buy) by starting here....

Costco.com: No One Offers Better HD Than DIRECTV and clicking on the button that says "Residental Customers"

that should take you here....... The DIRECTV Costco Connection Center and show a banner that says "Get up to $250 in CostCo Cash Cards........"

Add your programming and your equipment and that should take your to your shopping cart. It should state "the DirecTV CostCo connection center...." on the banner at the top of the page.

Open a new tab or window in the same browser and go to....

DIRECTV: Referral Program

Once you type in your referral number......and hit the button, it will take you right back to your costco shopping card with the referral listed in the shopping cart. Print a copy there (in fact save the page as a pdf for your records and proceed to check out. When you get your confirmation email with your estimated bill, your referral discount will be reflected.

Now the referral did stick with my Best Buy order, but there is a chance it won't (according to Stonecold). So treat it as YMMV.

That should be it. Hope that helps.

GOOD LUCK.

Jason

Jason,
1. Tried 55902 and mine. Atlanta region does not qualify for the $14 bill credit for months 13-24.
Thanks a lot

The only additional thing I had to do to get my bing cashback was supply them a pdf of my order confirmation. Then I got roughly $40 back on my second HD DVR which covers my ETF from Dish.

2. Yes, I can. Here's how to do it for either Best Buy or CostCo.
------------------
Start placing your order with CostCo (or Best Buy) by starting here....

Costco.com: No One Offers Better HD Than DIRECTV and clicking on the button that says "Residental Customers"

that should take you here....... The DIRECTV Costco Connection Center and show a banner that says "Get up to $250 in CostCo Cash Cards........"

Add your programming and your equipment and that should take your to your shopping cart. It should state "the DirecTV CostCo connection center...." on the banner at the top of the page.

Open a new tab or window in the same browser and go to....

DIRECTV: Referral Program

Once you type in your referral number......and hit the button, it will take you right back to your costco shopping card with the referral listed in the shopping cart. Print a copy there (in fact save the page as a pdf for your records and proceed to check out. When you get your confirmation email with your estimated bill, your referral discount will be reflected.

Now the referral did stick with my Best Buy order, but there is a chance it won't (according to Stonecold). So treat it as YMMV.

That should be it. Hope that helps.

GOOD LUCK.

Jason

Reading this and your other posts about bing cashback, I think I can follow same instructions to get 40% off bing banner show up in "The Directv Costco connection center" page.
Sound very good.
Will try all of these in a day or two.
Thanks a lot

Nice job Jason - that is a good summary.

Keep in mind everyone - once you start combining multiple offers everything is YMMV. I would just recomend making sure you prioritize the offer (website) you want most. For someone buying several extra HD or HD-DVR receivers BING is a great offer 40%. For someone only gettting one or two receivers Bing is not worth much, for example.

Reading this and your other posts about bing cashback, I think I can follow same instructions to get 40% off bing banner show up in "The Directv Costco connection center" page.
Sound very good.
Will try all of these in a day or two.
Thanks a lot

Yes, it does work the exactly the same way.

I will say this one more time, it's a bit YMMV since it is stacking promotions. It's worth trying, but in no way is it guaranteed that all three go though.

My referral stuck..... so that worked for me.

My BING cashback pays out in 30 days, so that's a go.

The Best Buy rebate is getting sent in very soon, so even though I have all the print outs and called DirecTV to confirm Best Buy was my "reseller", I can't say for sure until I have the gift card in hand.

GOOD LUCK!

Jason

Nice job Jason - that is a good summary.

Keep in mind everyone - once you start combining multiple offers everything is YMMV. I would just recomend making sure you prioritize the offer (website) you want most. For someone buying several extra HD or HD-DVR receivers BING is a great offer 40%. For someone only gettting one or two receivers Bing is not worth much, for example.

lol, I just posted the YMMV reminder....but yes, very well put.

i see that the regional deal has the extended discount for the latter months. If my region does not have this option, what next?

MEaning, will Direct negotiate with me after month 12 to get on another promotion or am I stuck paying the higher rate?

I just signed on Sunday. I only used the Best Buy Promotion, I purchased a TV back in MARCH so I qualify for the $350 gift card. On the rebate form in the small print it mentioned how this promotion can't be combined with other offers. In fear of losing the best buy gift card I did not stack with other offers (bing or refer a friend) Can i still use the refer a friend offer? My install date is not until tomorrow. I would like to help my next door neighbor save a few bucks on his D* bill?

I just signed on Sunday. I only used the Best Buy Promotion, I purchased a TV back in MARCH so I qualify for the $350 gift card. On the rebate form in the small print it mentioned how this promotion can't be combined with other offers. In fear of losing the best buy gift card I did not stack with other offers (bing or refer a friend) Can i still use the refer a friend offer? My install date is not until tomorrow. I would like to help my next door neighbor save a few bucks on his D* bill?

The "can't be combined" is a normal rebate form disclaimer.

Refer a friend... not sure if you can add it after your order is already placed or not. I thought it needed to be there when you placed the order. Especially since your order was placed through a retail partner....and they really are your referrer, my GUESS is no.

jaj1701,

Not sure how familiar you are with Bing, but I thought I would ask your or anyone else who may know. I originally had to email Bing support a PDF of my order to get my credit. During the original order I forgot to add the TV Internet Kit so I called to add it. They had to cancel my existing order and create a new one with the Kit and I added a free SD receiver while I was at it. I'm pretty sure Bing will catch wind and cancel the cashback from the original order. Do you think I email them the new order (different confirmation & acct) and still get the discount? My worry is they won't since I didn't go through Bing on this "new" order.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)