Summer HD Local Market Launches

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Received word that Milwaukee is expected to get CBS in HD added next week. They have been missing CBS for a while now.

Anyone know which channels the Huntington/Charleston, WV will be put up?

Don't know any specifics, just a September launch. I would assume the Big 4 would launch unless there is a small affiliate that doesn't bargin fairly. If they are owned by firms that have several affiliates (stations) and they have stations online in other markets you should be good to go.

Maybe one day they will eventually get to Columbus, GA. Not betting on it though.

Maybe one day they will add locals (even if it's only SD) to the areas that lack any form of local.

That would be more important in my mind, but it seems like DirecTV... and to be fair Dish Network is the same way would rather disregard and neglect areas with no form of locals.

You constantly hear about both of them adding HD feeds to existing markets, you hardly ever hear about either one adding new local markets.

I'll step off my soapbox, just tired of my rarely working OTA antenna and AM21 combo.

My local ABC and NBC affiliates usually come in... Fox and CBS never come in.

Maybe one day they will add locals (even if it's only SD) to the areas that lack any form of local.

That would be more important in my mind, but it seems like DirecTV... and to be fair Dish Network is the same way would rather disregard and neglect areas with no form of locals.

You constantly hear about both of them adding HD feeds to existing markets, you hardly ever hear about either one adding new local markets.

I'll step off my soapbox, just tired of my rarely working OTA antenna and AM21 combo.

My local ABC and NBC affiliates usually come in... Fox and CBS never come in.

Totally agree. DirecTV could come in with locals in this area and really add subs. The cable in this area is subpar at best.

Agreed about this area.

This area is dominated by Cable and Dish Network. For every one or two DirecTv dishes you see... there are ten to twenty Dish Network dishes.

Maybe because of this DirecT doesn't think the Joplin, Mo area would be overly proifitable to add locals to.

I will say that I think the increased sports (especially Sunday Ticket) would be enough to get at least some people to switch... if only they would add the locals.

Bluefield, Beckly WV has been added to hd locals list over at directv.com They are slated to be added in September. Does anyone have any info on Wheeling WV locals. I would hope they wouldn't be far behind. Thanks.

Bluefield, Beckly WV has been added to hd locals list over at directv.com They are slated to be added in September. Does anyone have any info on Wheeling WV locals. I would hope they wouldn't be far behind. Thanks.

Added to our list. Thanks for the info.

HD locals added today: WDJT (CBS Milwaukee) and WSRE (PBS Mobile AL)

UGH I don't get it. I contacted Alabama Public TV and they said the holdup for getting APT (which is a statewide PBS affiliate) was DirecTV and that APT was ready to go. Why would they add the non-statewide PBS in HD in Mobile when they could have added APT ONCE in HD to cover Huntsville, Montgomery, Dothan, Mobile, AND Birmingham.

local HD now live in Shreveport!!
KTBS ABC 3
KTAL NBC 6
KSLA CBS 12
KPXJ CW 21
KLTS PBS 24
KMSS FOX 33
KSHV MYNET 45

I knew we'd get the big 4 networks plus maybe 1 of the others but never thought we'd get all of the channels :D

South Bend, IN ABC

Does anyone know if and when ABC is going to be added in South Bend, IN. This is a big issue for me since I have difficulty getting on OTA and college football is about to start.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)