Summer HD Local Market Launches

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just switched bandwagons from cable to D* (as of Thurs.) and was wondering when SCETV, WMYA and UNC-TV's HD signals will be added in the Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson, SC/Asheville, NC DMA. Any news on this? Zip Codes would be 29605 for Greenville, SC and 28805 for Asheville, NC.

If anyone has any info on when the ElDorado/Monroe dma will be getting their locals, it would be appreciated. Do you have to have the SD locals before you get HD or can it be done together? I have 2 hr23's and one hr20. One hr23 is hooked up to an am21 and the locals seem to come in fine. Sometimes it's spotty and I tried hooking up the hr20 to it and only a few channels would come in with a bit of pixelation.

I have a amplified wineguard antenna mounted outside on the side of the house. I'm not real sure if it will be adequate enough for all 3 receivers to get OTA. If anyone has suggestions I would be thankful. If this is in the wrong place then I apologize. Thanks for any help.

KLRU-DT(PBS) and KNVA-DT(CW/MyTV) were added to the Austin TX HD LIL service this morning.

I'm starting to get anxious - where is (LIN-owned) WCTX in Hartford? This could cause problems for me as they're borderline for me OTA (unless I flip my antenna from NY-facing)

I'm starting to get anxious - where is (LIN-owned) WCTX in Hartford? This could cause problems for me as they're borderline for me OTA (unless I flip my antenna from NY-facing)

This is the response I got from WTNH regarding WCTX on Directv. It is from 8/17/2009:

Thank you for contacting us. It is our goal that eventually DirecTV will
carry WCTX HD on their lineup but it is not a given. We do address this
with every negotiation and are hopeful that it will come to be at some
point. As a DirecTV subscriber we suggest letting them know if you would
like to have WCTX HD as part of your channel offerings.

Regards,

Judi Mickmac
Program Manager
WTNH-TV/WCTX-TV

D* added two PBS HD channels for the Greensboro market. As I've been checking the guide it appears that only one of the two channels will be showing HD at any given moment. But that's because how the local PBS operates. I've been getting local PBS with an antenna for years and there are 5 sub channels but there has never been more than one of these showing HD at a given time.

Last edited:
This is the only reason I want MyZ added

I get WYMY OTA for the UK games, but I would still get MyZ also

I don't get any OTA channels right now. I live in an area surrounded by big hills so I never get to see them when they are on there.

Here are some starting dates coming up

Upcoming HD local market launches*

Charleston-Huntington W. VASep. 09Columbia S.C.Sep. 09Huntsville-Decatur AL Sep. 09Jackson MSOct. 09Lexington KYSep. 09Roanoke-Lynchburg VAJuly 09Shreveport LAAug. 09Bluefield-Beckley WVSep. 09

Here are some starting dates coming up

Upcoming HD local market launches*

Charleston-Huntington W. VA Sep. 09
Columbia S.C. Sep. 09
Huntsville-Decatur AL Sep. 09
Jackson MSOct. 09
Lexington KY Sep. 09
Roanoke-Lynchburg VA July 09
Shreveport LA Aug. 09
Bluefield-Beckley WV Sep. 09

Where did you get this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts