Summer Home With Same Subscription

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

duque2616

Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Here is my issue... I have DirecTV with 4 Receivers. 1 of the receivers is hardly used. I have seen people with Dishes set up at Marinas on Boats, at Camp Sites with RVs and stuff like that. They just set up a dish and hook up the receiver. Can I do this at my summer home by setting up a dish and hooking up the receiver from my other home? I was told by a DTV person that it can be done. You are supposed to just use the service only at 1 home at a time. What if I have a house sitter and they turn on the tv while im watching tv at my summer home? This would mean 2 dishes would be going at the same time getting signal to receivers of mine in 2 seperate locations. Is this a problem? Thank You

It is fine, as long as you do not leave the "summer home" receiver there on a permanant basis as that is illegal. Having your "house sitter" turn on the TV at the "main house" will not be an issue. Just remember after your 2- 4 - 6 weeks at the "summer home" to take the receiver back home.

I got your email but your SatGuys email is turned off (that is how I would reply). Anyway, nope, no problems, just take it home between weekends.

I just did this this weekend. But....local channels did not work at my "2nd home". Actually, it's more like a camp. Anyway, will local channels work in both locations? Do you have to program the receiver with your "new" zip code?

Sc0rp10n said:
I just did this this weekend. But....local channels did not work at my "2nd home". Actually, it's more like a camp. Anyway, will local channels work in both locations? Do you have to program the receiver with your "new" zip code?

I have a 2nd receiver at my cottage and I used to turn it off or suspend the service to it during winters and D* did not care at all in fact they suggested it. Cottage now a bit bigger and more used so I now leave it on and have no problems either.

Locals will only work if your "summer home" is close to the regular residence like Milwaukee to GB...not Minneapolis to Madison so the spot beams can cover both. I don't have a link to the spot beam coverage but I am sure someone can point you in the right direction.

gl

Sc0rp10n said:
As far as the local channels goes, It all depends on IF your 2 nd home is still in the locals spot beam or not. If it's not in YOUR spot beam then you will get all your programming except the locals.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts