Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

I have better things to do
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
I'm wondering if anyone has been losing signals lately. My wife says F3 goes away around 1300 MT everyday.

johnnynobody said:
I'm wondering if anyone has been losing signals lately. My wife says F3 goes away around 1300 MT everyday.

Not me, but I don't have anything on F3 right now.....

Yes, according to your location of 42N, we are at the tail end of the Solar Outage Spring Season.
Today should be minimal, if any.

Starting early this week just after one o'clock I could watched it hit one satellite after another in the one's that I have setup and it would last about 7-10 minutes depending on the satellite.

According to the calculator,today March 7th, is the last day the spring sun outages will affect my location.

I've been getting hit daily for a week. Started early in the week around 12:30, today I got hit at 12:45. It usually lasts 10-15 min. I've been on 91w.

Hey StLouie I noticed it last week here, on 72W, around 9am it'd wash out my signal for 10min or so. I found that calculator last night and verified that it was "THAT TIME" of the year. It's funny how it can be raining cats and the sun still is powerful enough to wipe it out on ku.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts