Sun SetFor those that can get either SD or BTV and can get Sun News, well as this mornis on Sun News

MCIBUS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
Bell Fibe TV Land
For those that can either get SD or BTV and had access to Sun News, well the Sun has set on Sun News. The channel officially shut do.wn this morning.

Although I never watched Sun News or as some referred to it as Fox News North as it was "right winged news", it a shame it gone.

I wasn´t subscribed to Sun News, but I think it´s a shame the choices for news channels go down.

I found this article mentioning some of the reasons for the channel going off the air.

Sun Media Corp. issued a statement saying it spent months unsuccessfully trying to find a buyer, but financial losses meant it could not continue to operate.

"This is an unfortunate outcome; shutting down Sun News was certainly not our goal," said Julie Tremblay, President and CEO of Media Group and Sun Media Corporation.

"Over the past four years, we tried everything we could to achieve sufficient market penetration to generate the profits needed to operate a national news channel. Sadly, the numerous obstacles to carriage that we encountered spelled the end of this venture," Tremblay said in a statement

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/business/story/1.2955853

Why couldn't FOX get it? I thought Ezra Levant was interesting. Maybe they'll get him and reboot The Source? Some of his stuff's on YouTube.

Dish should've picked it up when they had the dispute with Fox News.

Because just like the US the channel has to be I believe 51% owned by Canadian interest. I'm not exactly sure how rthe ownership works but its some what like the UDS I believe.

With an audience of 8,000 out of 5,100,000 homes that were paying for it, Sun News was a disaster from the getgo. Just like Target found out, Canada ain't the US especially with a company controlled and run by a Quebec Separatist. Good riddance to the Rant & Rave Racist Channel.

So, it looks like Ezra Levant is going the Blaze route. He's starting up a subscription 'Net channel at www.TheRebel.media
With all these guys who got kicked off regular radio/TV (Glenn Beck, Cumia et al.), that gets expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)