Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Got this in my inbox...

Effective on Thursday, June 30, 2011,The Sundance Channel will be removed from the Showtime package.

The Sundance Channel will continue to be available to customers who subscribe to DISH Platinum.

Works out great for me, I have been thinking of dropping Showtime, I had a discount on it, especially with the free Starz and I get HBO. I would not drop the Platinum. I do think Sundance has some good selections of movies, now if only Sundance was in HD.....

IIRC when I had U-verse it was separate from Showtime as well... I guess maybe this is the norm now.

Yes, so that makes it more likely for Sundance to not be part of the Showtime lineup....

Why don't DISH remove one of the SUNDANCE Channel duplicate feeds and create more space? In fact why don't they just remove all duplicates period? I mean all the 6000s, 9000s, and MGM, EPIX, EPIX2, INDIEPLEX, RETROPLEX, etc?

all of those are the same channel just remapped...so in **most** cases its no extra bandwidth

Alot of those feeds are duplicated on spotbeams for Alaska and Hawaii

Why don't DISH remove one of the SUNDANCE Channel duplicate feeds and create more space? In fact why don't they just remove all duplicates period? I mean all the 6000s, 9000s, and MGM, EPIX, EPIX2, INDIEPLEX, RETROPLEX, etc?
because it won't add more space

all of those are the same channel just remapped...so in **most** cases its no extra bandwidth

Alot of those feeds are duplicated on spotbeams for Alaska and Hawaii

OK. Now I get it. But I hope one day Dish does something about it because it is very annoying. There in fact are no duplicates on DIRECTV. Dish could replace the duplicates with ON DEMAND channels if you know what I mean like in the 6000s or 9000s.

OK. Now I get it. But I hope one day Dish does something about it because it is very annoying. There in fact are no duplicates on DIRECTV. Dish could replace the duplicates with ON DEMAND channels if you know what I mean like in the 6000s or 9000s.

Yes there is. The Audience Network is on both channel 101 and 239.

and most of those knockoff shopping channels are too
they're between 70-99 and scattered throughout the guide too

Also Audience (formerly the 101) is also on 334

I am one of those hoping that Sundance exclusively at HD Platinum means an HD feed. I know that currently Sundance is in the HD Platinum neighborhood in SD. Just hoping for HD.

I am one of those hoping that Sundance exclusively at HD Platinum means an HD feed. I know that currently Sundance is in the HD Platinum neighborhood in SD. Just hoping for HD.

Dish actually renamed the HD Platinum add-on to Dish Platinum. I am sorry to give that bad news. However, you never know; Dish may offer it in HD in the future.

Dish actually renamed the HD Platinum add-on to Dish Platinum. I am sorry to give that bad news. However, you never know; Dish may offer it in HD in the future.

Considering Dish's repertoire with Cablevision, I'd say there's a better chance of it being dropped from the lineup altogether when the carriage contract is up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)