Sunday night CBS schedules screwed up.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
For two weeks now I have had trouble recording the CBS Sunday night schedules. Seems CBS has moved shows The Good Wife from 9PM to some oddball time like 9:35PM. I'm sure this has to do with Football OT but it makes watching these shows difficult.

If anyone has a solution to this, let me know. So far I plan to change my timer to permit the DVR to record extra time on the show of 60 minutes as opposed to 4 minutes. At least this way I'll record the end of the show. I don't save them, just time shift so when I'm done watching, I will be deleting them anyway. I usually watch The Good Wife on Monday nights anyway because the CBS lineup sucks on Monday night.

I hate to tell you this but CBS Sunday night has been screwed up for what 35-40 years now during football season?
The football games almost always run over past 6:00 CDT. Plenty of threads on it for the 8 years Satelliteguys has been around ;)

Easiest thing to do is just set the timer to go long 30-45 minutes. Thats what my dad does for CSI whatever is on Sunday nights. Starts at 9 goes til 10:45

The ONLY time CBS programming starts on time on the East coast or Central Time Zone is when your CBS affiliate has the early football game and thats it. If they have the doubleheader or the late game only you'll see it delayed. Checking some info next week you should be OK (if your loc is really Jacksonville) ;) CBS only has one game and Jax is on at 1:00

I set a manual timer for the time the Good wife is supposed to start and end it at three hours later. This way I get both shows without missing the endings , even if they start late and end later. I do this usually every year on CBS because of the damn Football games going into over time.

When football season is over, the schedules are messed up by the "Watching Paint Dry" tournaments. (I believe some of you call it golf) When those things go into overtime, they can screw up the schedule worse than football.:behindsofa:

This is my first season in forever to have dvr. I messed up the first sunday night of the good wife. I was ticked. So I fixed it that same night to record an extra 90 minutes. I usually watch it live, but just in case something is goin' on and I miss it, I think I'll be good with an extra hour and a half.

So, it seems the extension of the tails timer is the safest bet. But for anyone who did miss it like I did, you can go to CBS TV Network Primetime, Daytime, Late Night and Classic Television Shows and catch the entire show Monday night on your computer. I tried to get it on my PS3 but the show is in Flash so it didn't work. Next week I will be adjusting the tails timer for all Sunday shows so I don't miss anything.

Warning on the CBS.com Flash shows: The audio on the commercials is about 9db louder and will blow you out of your chair so be ready on the mute button.

This upsets us no end but it actually seems to help CBS ratings.

I guess because of baseball Fox was late on programs in some areas last night... I got home about 9:30 (in time for the West showing of House).

yeah the ALCS game went a good hour + into primetime if I remember right. So here in Central time zone they started with House in the 8:00 hour (instead of 7)
What torques me off is TMZ is on at 10:35 so I figured they'd clip some of the news to get back to normal. Oh hell no. Our local Fox station....that shows like 11 hours of news a day has to show the WHOLE 95 minute newscasts (1 hr and a 35 min one) then they pre-empt TMZ and show that stupid "office" :mad:

I record from 6pm till midnight CBS sundays. that way I dont miss anything:)

I like the CBS national news. 60 minutes and the good wife

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)