Sunday Ticket -preseason

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nzone

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
I see all the games listed on D* site with channels stating TBA, those of you who have had ST do we get all the preseaon games? or a select few?

in the past Sunday Ticket has never had preseason....all the games are re-aired on the NFL network throughout Aug. It will be interesting if ST shows them live...

Well, I guess you will refuse to tune in and see what the Hubbub is about. :)

Maybe that is what the July 31 price change is about. Normally it would be August 31.

Last edited:
JohnH said:
Sure looks like a bunch of live games.
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=1100029

Strange this shows up after one has decided the package was a bit pricey. :)

When I seen this I was just wondering if they were going to broadcast them and if anybody had some knowledge about this. Others have told me the NFL network would show them a day late but this made me think that they might air some. Hope so

yeah, that link looks promising....but then again they already have channel stations for the regular season. Makes me think they are doing there typical move...make it look better then it really is.

I guess it is like everything else; we will just have to wait and see.

My idea would be to find out when they consider the start of the season. they would not allow one to cancel between the pre-season and regular season if they had it set up NFL:ST customers. Just a thought.
Greg

I thought that the NFL network carried LIVE games as well as replays last year, I would expect them to do at least that this year.

Jimbo

I hope this turns out to be true. Its always kinda bugged me that the preseason games weren't aired on NFLST.

Doubt it, they had that same link up last year, just a sched. telling you when games are.

Every pre-season game is on the NFL Network. Has been for a couple years now. And it comes with the basic total choice package.

Dude, I think the whole point of this thread is to determine whether or not we, as sunday ticket subscribers, get to watch them all LIVE...and in HD.
Obviously we can watch the replays on NFL Network...but by that time, we've seen the highlights...

for all the people saying no, it isnt on Sunday ticket, why would they list that blackout rules apply as some games might be available on Local Channels, or could it just be a form they use to show us the schedule of the preseason?

stuart628 said:
never mind here is our answer, they are saying that teh NFL network is part of the NFL sunday ticket, and that they will have live games, see this page
http://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=900044&CMP=ILC-Q306-CustRHR-NFL_EB

so does that mean if you dont have the sunday ticket, those games are blacked out on directv for non ST subscribers?

My question is this, if the preseason games are shown, which ones will air? Do you get all the pre-season games on multiple channels or just the nfl network and its the luck of the draw for the area that you live in? Any one have an idea before I call direct?

NFL Football Kicks Off
The wait is over. Fifty-two preseason games air this month on NFL Network, Channel 212. Then, beginning September 10, catch the most NFL games anywhere during the regular season with NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ on Channels 704-718. With up to 14 games a week, pregame coaches' shows and Highlights-on-Demand*, you'll follow your favorite teams wherever they play. And if you upgrade to the NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ SuperFan™ package, you can watch them play in HD**.

They seem to have answered the question. All games are listed on Channel 212(NFL Network) now. One needs to look elsewhere to see the NFL Network schedule for live games. While all games will be shown, they will not all be live. Blackouts will likely only apply in the local markets of the live games.

Now where are the HD Preseason Games going to be? :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts