Sunday Ticket Preview Again This Week?? confirmed NO

Status
Please reply by conversation.
lol... uh.. as a directv employee, i get NFL sunday ticket for free, everything else i pay for.

huh? i think i was referring to the topic and what brought up free starz i dunno. But i know i get free starz as that is a true fact free preview.

Yippy for you that you get it free ... :rolleyes:
Your NOT the only tech here , and you don't have to be a tech to know what your doing ............................................................ :rolleyes:

People are commenting on the possibility of getting the ST free again this weekend, I said, you won't ...BUT you WILL get STARZ free this weekend , is there a problem with that ?

Jimbo

Last edited:
Yippy for you that you get it free ... :rolleyes:
Your NOT the only tech here , and you don't ave to be a tech to know what your doing ............................................................

People are commenting on the possibility of getting the ST free again this weekend, I said, you won't ...BUT you WILL get STARZ free this weekend , is there a problem with that ?

Jimbo
yes ;):p:D

I've been watching games all day and having some adult beverages. Are you telling me that I will have to watch my ST/SF tomorrow because there is no free view. Sin and Scandal !!

I'm wondering when the NFL will realize how much money they're losing by allowing DTV to continue having exclusive rights to the Ticket. If they'd allow ALL service providers to sell the Ticket they would make a TON more money by having far more subscribers while at the same time the price of the Ticket could be much lower than what DTV charges for it. Why can they not see this? :confused:

I agree this may well be true. Cable overall would probably have a huge number of people that would love to subscribe to ST. For some carriers and subscribers, sports just aren't their thing.

I agree this may well be true. Cable overall would probably have a huge number of people that would love to subscribe to ST. For some carriers and subscribers, sports just aren't their thing.

Problem is this.

The NFL can control DTV very easily they make demands we meet them . Cable could not meet all the quality demands that the NFL has asked us ot meet. Hence why cable will never have it. Though Fios could meet the demand but fios is not in enough places .

Problem is this.

The NFL can control DTV very easily they make demands we meet them . Cable could not meet all the quality demands that the NFL has asked us ot meet. Hence why cable will never have it. Though Fios could meet the demand but fios is not in enough places .

Interesting info, thanks. Since Verizon moved out of ME/NH/VT I can't imagine ever having the choice of FIOS anyway. Makes me glad I switched to DTV.

I'm wondering when the NFL will realize how much money they're losing by allowing DTV to continue having exclusive rights to the Ticket. If they'd allow ALL service providers to sell the Ticket they would make a TON more money by having far more subscribers while at the same time the price of the Ticket could be much lower than what DTV charges for it. Why can they not see this? :confused:

Didn't get that MBA I see; DTV was there for them when nobody wanted to pony up any money for a relationship such as Sunday Ticker (Gamble) & when it finally pays off the NFL appreciates DTV's "rolling the dice" gamble & rewards them with exclusivity to attract other customers. Could they make more by offering it across the board or to some of the high rises downtown buildings as exemptions who can't install dishes; probably! I like the relationship between two independent company's taking a gamble then sticking together. I remember when the big fights were on ABC for free but now you have to pay $70 on PPV to watch....things are constantly done for business & not necessarily for the customer.

EASY....its been mentioned many times....the networks dont want everyone to have it as it would dampen the local advertising tv $$ revenue....if everyone can watch all the games whose watching commercials ?

Thats why on ST even the local game is blacked out on say channel 712 and u have to watch your local channel like here in NY its channel 2 or 5....its for the local commercials.

So thats why they like 1 provider as its caps the total sub count for ST.

Since when do the networks dictate what the NFL does in terms of game availability? The NFL has the rights to games, not the networks.

Since when do the networks dictate what the NFL does in terms of game availability? The NFL has the rights to games, not the networks.

It all is basic economics. Local stations and networks make their money on ad revenue. The more people that watch a local network, the more money that the station can charge for advertising. If they allowed Sunday Ticket to air a game that is on a local channel, the networks and that local channel would loose viewers and thus ad revenue. The NFL also gets a portion of this revenue, so it is also in it's best interest. I hope this sounds right.

i just heard there's another free preview this weekend!!???? maybe us subs should've waited till the 4th week to subscribe and save some $$$:mad::mad::mad:

It all is basic economics. Local stations and networks make their money on ad revenue. The more people that watch a local network, the more money that the station can charge for advertising. If they allowed Sunday Ticket to air a game that is on a local channel, the networks and that local channel would loose viewers and thus ad revenue. The NFL also gets a portion of this revenue, so it is also in it's best interest. I hope this sounds right.

Again, why would the NFL care about the network's revenues? They should be more concerned about their own revenues and they're losing money by allowing DTV to have exclusive rights to the NFL Ticket.

Because the NFL gets a piece of the revenues that the networks make. the NFL need the networks just as much, if not more, that the networks need them. Who pays the NFL the boatloads of money for the rights to show their games? Networks of course. The NFL must walk a fine line between making all parties happy. Making the Sunday Ticket available to all providers to have dilutes the product. They wouldn't be able to ask the kind of money they are asking for it. Plus the fact that it would hurt the local stations dramatically. The NFL has a bunch of people they have to try and please and trust me it is all in their best interest to do so.

Because the NFL gets a piece of the revenues that the networks make. the NFL need the networks just as much, if not more, that the networks need them. Who pays the NFL the boatloads of money for the rights to show their games? Networks of course. The NFL must walk a fine line between making all parties happy. Making the Sunday Ticket available to all providers to have dilutes the product. They wouldn't be able to ask the kind of money they are asking for it. Plus the fact that it would hurt the local stations dramatically. The NFL has a bunch of people they have to try and please and trust me it is all in their best interest to do so.

I don't understand how allowing all service providers to offer the Ticket is going to negatively impact the networks. They'd still be able to show the same number of locally covered games regardless of how many service providers offer the Ticket. Your argument holds no water.

You would feel differently if you ponied up the money from day one taking all the risks that the package might flop then when things get good have the rug pulled out from you.

I don't understand how allowing all service providers to offer the Ticket is going to negatively impact the networks. They'd still be able to show the same number of locally covered games regardless of how many service providers offer the Ticket. Your argument holds no water.

First off, I am not arguing. I am just stating what I think the reason is. It is all my opinion and i am doing it in a civil manner, not stating that your "argument hold no water". You state an common observation that most people have. The whole thing boils down, I think, to that the NFL need the networks and the networks need the local affiliates. The networks do not want to see the local affiliates affected as much as they would if all providers have the ST. The local station could lose as much as 20% percent of their viewers. That is a huge number. I read that the typical market has 20% of their viewers that are fans of out of market teams. It's all just TV and no reason to get nasty with anyone.

Every few years the Networks bid for the right to show NFL games they pay a ton of money for the right. Without the Networks money the NFL would go broke.

the reason that the ticket is only on D* Is that directv paid a boatload of money to make it that way

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)