Super Bowl Memories

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
This thread is about any Super Bowl Memories that you may remember. A favorite game or commerical. A certain play. Even if you have favorite announcers that called the game.

For me, to start off, obviously as a Giants fan, "Wide Right" in Super Bowl 25. Also Mark Ingram extending himself to get a first down. I mean he wasnt going to make it but he twisted and turned and made the first down.

I remember in Super Bowl 29 how bad the game was between the 49ers and the Chargers yet I also remember people saying how the commericals were better than the game. Sometimes thats true.

While it was more like a nightmare I will never forget Jim Plunkett to Kenny King in Superbowl XV that crushed my Eagles!First wildcard team to ever win a Superbowl.The Eagles had just dominated the Cowboys in the NFC East championship 20-7,I though for sure they would win that year.:rant:

I almost broke my hand during Super Bowl XXXVI (Pats-Rams). With the Pats ahead 17-3, Kurt Warner was stripped of the ball at the goal line, and Tebucky Jones picked it up and ran 99 yards for an apparent touchdown. I was so excited, I fell to the ground and pounded the floor so hard that I needed a cast the next day. The worst part was the TD was negated by a Willie McGinest holding penalty on Marshall Faulk (the absolute correct call, BTW). Warner scored on the next play, and instead of it being 24-3 Pats, it was 17-10 Pats. :eek:

I remember being at Super Bowl 34 and sitting 10th row in End Zone where Mike Jones tackled Kevin Dyson to win the game for the Rams Beating the Titans 23-16 in Atlanta Georgia Dome :D :)

Last edited:
Memory I have is the lions never being in a Super Bowl :)

In a serious note, the Bills run for Super Bowls stick out each game and the outcome of the game, and when the Super Bowl was at ford field I went down for the festivities and that was very fun!

Ironically, I will post about a memory of Super Bowl 35 which was the Giants and the Ravens. I just remember just feeling very deflated at the end of the game. What a drubbing. I also the remember the controversy surrounding Ray Lewis. Remember he did win the MVP but he didnt do the "I'm going to Disneyland" speech because of the controversy surrounding Lewis.

Something kind of interesting that I found out was how I found Super Bowl 31 interesting and exciting. I think that was because of the stinkers you had before that. 26-29 blowouts really. Nice to see a close game for a change.

Rams SB Champions  whats new.jpg
I remember being at Super Bowl 34 and sitting 10th row in End Zone where Mike Jones tackled Kevin Dyson to win the game for the Rams Beating the Titans 23-16 in Atlanta Georgia Dome :D :)

I thought I saw you there!:)
You from St. Louis too?

Like the responses so far!! I do have a question about a Super Bowl related topic on this forum. Im looking to see who I picked in Super Bowl 45 for my own personal record and I cant find it on here. Im pretty sure I would have posted what I predicted for the game on this forum. Would someone be able to help me? Thanks!!

As far as SB memories obviously the two latest Giant SB wins would be there.

Going to see the Broncos win Super Bowl XXIII in Miami!!!

My Dad won tickets (on the radio) to the AFC Championship Game in Pittsburgh, and because we won that, we also got to go to Miami!

It was awesome!

I know I am showing my age, but I believe it was SB 13 Pittsburgh/Dallas when Jack Lambert body slammed the guy from Dallas who patted Roy Gerela on the head after he missed a field goal

The first time I can remember watching the Super Bowl was in Jan. 1982, XVI I think. Bengals vs 49ers. Unfortunately the 49ers had this guy named Montana as their QB.

I actually have all the Super Bowls that I own on VHS as well. Ones that I taped live and others that NFL Network re-aired that I taped.

I have a memory from Super Bowl 26 when Thurman Thomas actually didnt start in the game because he lost his helmet. Actually a defensive player took his helmet by accident and Kenneth Davis started the game.

And it started today. Jan. 15, 1967, the first Super Bowl was held. The Packers beat the Chiefs 35-10 in Los Angeles at the Coliseum. Bart Starr was the MVP. Max McGee scored the first ever Super Bowl touchdown. The first Super Bowl was held today. History is made.

Notice how they keep moving it back, before long the Superbowl will be mid February ...

Yup, when I was a kid it was always around my birthday (Jan. 11). Then it was around my wife's birthday (Jan. 28), and now it's around my nephew's b-day (Feb.4). :D

I predict that within the next 10-15 years, Super Bowl Sunday will be held on Predident's Day weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts