Super HD?

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
I've been seeing this on the Netflix info but I can tell you that I'm not getting HD never mind Super HD. 30 Mb service should be giving me HD but it's no where being that. I suppose that it's an issue with my cable internet provider? Speed tests with various sources show that I'm getting 30+ Mb. Charter cable. Is there anything I can do to get better performance without breaking the bank?

My question is,what device are you using to watch netflix?Is it hard wired or wifi?

Also, what do you mean it is not HD? Compared to something else? Looks bad on its own? What?

Also, what do you mean it is not HD? Compared to something else? Looks bad on its own? What?

Look, I KNOW the difference between SD and HD. That's all I need to say. As for Super HD, that sounds like it should be near BD quality. It's nowhere near that.

My question is,what device are you using to watch netflix?Is it hard wired or wifi?

WiFi N - which is faster than my ISP connection. I'm using a D-Link MovieNight but I have used a Sony BD player with 802.11n with the same results also. Yes, my router is 802.11n (Linksys E4200).

Look, I KNOW the difference between SD and HD. That's all I need to say. As for Super HD, that sounds like it should be near BD quality. It's nowhere near that.

I was not questioning your knowledge by any means. I was simply asking for more information to better answer your initial question.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I have a roku and a ps3,use netflix with both.The hd picture quality is very good imo.I dunno about the super hd business,and I would surmise that it's never going to be close to bd quality even with 100Mb internet service.I can also tell you that wifi N or otherwise is never going to compare to hardwired ethernet.I also have Charter 30MB service.

Have you compared netflix to amazon,hulu,or vudu?

I have a roku and a ps3,use netflix with both.The hd picture quality is very good imo.I dunno about the super hd business,and I would surmise that it's never going to be close to bd quality even with 100Mb internet service.I can also tell you that wifi N or otherwise is never going to compare to hardwired ethernet.I also have Charter 30MB service.

Have you compared netflix to amazon,hulu,or vudu?

No. I can't afford to subscribe to a bunch of services.

No. I can't afford to subscribe to a bunch of services.

Well then it's lucky for you that Vudu is offering new members 5 free movies. No purchase necessary. Vudu usually has a bandwidth tester in their app that tells you what level of HD you can get. I would give it a try.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6328218-vudu-hdx-starter-pack-5-select-hd-digital-movies-mission-impossible-ghost-protocol-tropic-thunder-star-trek-man-on-fire-more-free-new-members-only

You didn't mention who your ISP is. It's certainly possible that they are messing with the stream, or your connection to them is bad and it's throwing a bunch of errors interrupting the stream. Are they ranked on Netflix's Speed Index?

He said charter. I also wonder the same thing. If they are throwing wrenches in the gears so to speak, so you will get tired of it and pay them more money for there cable.

I have Charter also, and contacted them directly on becoming part of Netflix's network earlier this year, and they flat out refused, and said they have no intention of ever doing so.

I have Charter also, and contacted them directly on becoming part of Netflix's network earlier this year, and they flat out refused, and said they have no intention of ever doing so.

This is one of the things that'll kill TV. I like TV and movies but if they're going to play these games I'll just disconnect and just watch OTA. I don't have a lot of channels in my area so I guess I won't be watching much TV. I've already stopped subbing to sports packages even though I love NHL hockey. Too expensive and and I can't see all the games.

There is no need anymore. Netflix opened up super HD and 3D streaming to everyone who has a fast enough connection a few weeks ago. There was a thread about it here. I am now getting the Super HD feeds on my Apple TV 3 and Roku 2XD. I am on Charter's 30Mb connection and my Netflix streams are clearly better than my Dish picture now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I watch Netflix on a Roku 3 and PS3 and it's great quality, both are hard wired. On wireless it looks horrible here, even with my N router.

I get much better speed tests on my hard wired computers than wireless but it doesn't make a difference for streaming for me. The Apple TV is wired and the Roku 2XD is wireless because it doesn't have an ethernet port. Both devices get the same Super HD streams from Netflix and work great.

I keep as many devices wired as possible just because that is the best connection. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to reliably stream Netflix over WiFi if you have a good signal and not to many devices on the WiFi at the same time though. If you're having trouble maybe try switching wireless channels and see if you can find one with less interference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh sorry I missed that. I'm on Charter too and my quality is great. Then again I don't think I have many people using it in my neighborhood because I have no issues at all downloading and streaming anything except iTunes which is because I'm using OpenDNS and Apple's CDN is confused by it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)