Super Joey - Weird

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

macphreak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
Indiana
So, I called Dish today to add a new Super Joey to my account (and remove an existing Joey). However, I was told that I am not able to add one since I already have two Hoppers. I am wondering - is this information correct? Will Dish not allow me to add a new Super Joey since I already have 2 Hoppers?

Is there a reason for this? It would seem like they would want me to purchase more things and upgrade my hardware.

When they first started talking about the Joey set up I was wondering the same, what a set up that would be a two Hopper, super Joey set up! Then it was discussed that bandwith would be an issue

I have a two Hopper setup and during one of my calls to advanced tech support, I recall one guy actually asking if I was considering adding a Super Joey. I told him that I don't have any Joeys, and also added that I don't believe it's allowed anyway. Obviously no one had informed him. This was in March when the Super Joey had been officially released so I think he was just over eager to promote it.

Last edited:
If Dish were to actually allow a Super Joey with two Hoppers how exactly would it get wired? The way it has to be wired now doesn't allow for a second Hopper. There would have to be a switch I believe.

If Dish were to actually allow a Super Joey with two Hoppers how exactly would it get wired? The way it has to be wired now doesn't allow for a second Hopper. There would have to be a switch I believe.

Yep on the switch. This would work.

HopperDiagram-SuperJoey-1.jpg

The biggest obstacle to the 2H/1SJ proposal would be Dish's policy. Currently they won't allow a SJ on any account with more than one Hopper. The only way around it would be two accounts.

I'd rather 3 or 4 Hoppers anyway, personally.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

The biggest obstacle to the 2H/1SJ proposal would be Dish's policy. Currently they won't allow a SJ on any account with more than one Hopper. The only way around it would be two accounts.

I'd rather 3 or 4 Hoppers anyway, personally.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Yep, I hear ya.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts