Super Joey - Weird

macphreak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
Indiana
So, I called Dish today to add a new Super Joey to my account (and remove an existing Joey). However, I was told that I am not able to add one since I already have two Hoppers. I am wondering - is this information correct? Will Dish not allow me to add a new Super Joey since I already have 2 Hoppers?

Is there a reason for this? It would seem like they would want me to purchase more things and upgrade my hardware.

When they first started talking about the Joey set up I was wondering the same, what a set up that would be a two Hopper, super Joey set up! Then it was discussed that bandwith would be an issue

I have a two Hopper setup and during one of my calls to advanced tech support, I recall one guy actually asking if I was considering adding a Super Joey. I told him that I don't have any Joeys, and also added that I don't believe it's allowed anyway. Obviously no one had informed him. This was in March when the Super Joey had been officially released so I think he was just over eager to promote it.

Last edited:
If Dish were to actually allow a Super Joey with two Hoppers how exactly would it get wired? The way it has to be wired now doesn't allow for a second Hopper. There would have to be a switch I believe.

If Dish were to actually allow a Super Joey with two Hoppers how exactly would it get wired? The way it has to be wired now doesn't allow for a second Hopper. There would have to be a switch I believe.

Yep on the switch. This would work.

HopperDiagram-SuperJoey-1.jpg

The biggest obstacle to the 2H/1SJ proposal would be Dish's policy. Currently they won't allow a SJ on any account with more than one Hopper. The only way around it would be two accounts.

I'd rather 3 or 4 Hoppers anyway, personally.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

The biggest obstacle to the 2H/1SJ proposal would be Dish's policy. Currently they won't allow a SJ on any account with more than one Hopper. The only way around it would be two accounts.

I'd rather 3 or 4 Hoppers anyway, personally.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Yep, I hear ya.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)