Talk to Vivek LIVE tonight!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Tonight at 8PM Eastern Time, DISH's Senior Vice President of Product Management Vivek Khemka will be joining us to talk tech! The best part is, he will be taking your TECHNICAL questions LIVE on the air!

Details on how to listen and call in are on our homepage!

You don't want to miss this one!

(Plus I will be making a MAJOR announcement about the future at SatelliteGuys at the begining of the show.)

That homepage link is crap, keeps inserting commercials but the forum page link is good. After the dual audio feed was fixed, Scott thought it wasn't and they killed the whole thing, working OK now.

Navychop YOU RULE. Keyboards should be done. How Vivek doesn't understand the utility of a keyboard, I can't imagine. Who wants to use a lame virtual keyboard on a dinky smartphone? That's far less than a halfway measure.

Please revisit the big announcement at the show beginning. The audio snafu completely eliminated it.

They should use the Apple TV method, Apple has an iPhone "Remote" app that uses the iPhone keyboard to type on the Apple TV screens.

I didn't hear it either, but I think the big announcement was one we already know about already. The forum software is being replaced.

Edited to add: I was right.

Last edited:
Another thing I just thought of, enhanced PIP control like the VIP series, mainly that the position button toggles side by side mode and a way to change just the PIP channel. A great feature to occasionally check what's happening on another channel very quickly without interrupting the current show.

Navychop YOU RULE. Keyboards should be done. How Vivek doesn't understand the utility of a keyboard, I can't imagine. Who wants to use a lame virtual keyboard on a dinky smartphone? That's far less than a halfway measure.

I'd like to see a survey of Dish Hopper customers that would actually use a wireless keyboard. I think the reason they haven't messed with it yet is because the demand for it isn't there yet.

hey at least he did the best to answer my question about tunein radio he said it could be coming?he said he uses it in his car.

I got to agree, what harm would it do to enable the USB Keyboard driver.

Although I do agree with Vivek that MOST people won't use it if it was enabled. But I do feel SOME will. My qondering is if they did do that what kind of issues would it cause? Maybe they are worried about supporting it. If it was me and it did not cause system issues I would turn it on and not tell anyone. That is what they did with the 722. :)

I'm quite proud of bluegras,he presented himself very well on the air.

so i can listen to satguys on my hopper and any other stations also.i would love that also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts