Talk to Vivek LIVE tonight!

Great show tonight and Thanks to Vivek for everything and interesting on what he said tonight!! :)

I got to agree, what harm would it do to enable the USB Keyboard driver.

Although I do agree with Vivek that MOST people won't use it if it was enabled. But I do feel SOME will. My qondering is if they did do that what kind of issues would it cause? Maybe they are worried about supporting it. If it was me and it did not cause system issues I would turn it on and not tell anyone. That is what they did with the 722. :)

I would love to have that if they did it!! :)

vivek was talking about a new app today so you can watch music videos called vivo am i right about that then he said that other music apps could be coming our way.

Scott Greczkowski
Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!

Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
Post Thanks / Like

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1

Sorry for the issues at the start of the show. Blog Talk Radio changed something and Dave was not aware of it as he was not listening to the feed he was getting from them. I noticed it when I checked my return feed.

Yup the big announcement from us was SatelliteGuys will be CLOSING on Monday morning, and will return later in the day under new software.

This was not a move I am making lightly infact I was so worried about it that it affected by health and sleep. I know you guys hate change, but its a move we need to make. Our software is 4 years old and is not being upgraded, the new vBulletin software that they sort of support well... I wouldn't wish that software on my worst enemy.

The new software is amazing and I customized it a lot to look like the SatelliteGuys you know and love. Some things will be different, and after you use it you will get use to it qucik. Our Pub members have been playing with the software and they really seem to like it.
At least better and faster software for the site which is great!! :)

Huh? Is that you Scott? Is Whitewolf channeling you?

BTW - I heard Vivek describing one of the benefits of the VJ as being that you could turn it on and off easily, without having to send any hardware back to Dish as you would a physical Joey. OK... But I thought the BIG benefit of a VJ over a physical Joey is that you could put it on multiple LG-TVs for only $7/mo, and use any of them as long as only one was on at once. Did I get something wrong there? Does Dish individual activate and charge for each instance of a VJ?

And I would love it if my WIFE used it!!! (She's hard of hearing, but don't tell her I said that.)

Mine too & she loves the built-in BT on the Hopper so she can hear clearly when I turn in early. With it on the Joey's she'll be able to use in bed and I'd like to have it available in the Guest Room as well - have wireless in there now but BT quality is superior & don't need the peripherals & hookup.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

BTW - I heard Vivek describing one of the benefits of the VJ as being that you could turn it on and off easily, without having to send any hardware back to Dish as you would a physical Joey. OK... But I thought the BIG benefit of a VJ over a physical Joey is that you could put it on multiple LG-TVs for only $7/mo, and use any of them as long as only one was on at once. Did I get something wrong there? Does Dish individual activate and charge for each instance of a VJ?

Not quite clear on that myself thekrell,my guess is it's $7 per VJ,not per account.

Well, in that case, I'm back to my original claim that $7/mo is not reasonable for a VJ. Might as well get a physical Joey w/wireless dongle and move it from place to place, hook it up to any TV (not just LG or PS3 or whatever is the overpriced platform of the day that I don't have). I also thought Vivek mentioned that the price of the VJ was still under consideration. If that's the case, they probably got very few adopters.

Well, in that case, I'm back to my original claim that $7/mo is not reasonable for a VJ. Might as well get a physical Joey w/wireless dongle and move it from place to place, hook it up to any TV (not just LG or PS3 or whatever the overpriced platform I don't have). I also thought Vivek was talking about the price of the VJ. So maybe they are reconsidering. They probably got very few adopters.

I agree,they could at the very least make it a nominal fee,$3-$3.50 per would make it easier to swallow.

Might as well get a physical Joey w/wireless dongle and move it from place to place, hook it up to any TV (not just LG or PS3 or whatever is the overpriced platform of the day that I don't have).
will be even easier when the wireless Joey comes out in a few weeks. I'm guessing that will get a huge level of adoption (assuming it works reliably).

will be even easier when the wireless Joey comes out in a few weeks. I'm guessing that will get a huge level of adoption (assuming it works reliably).
It should work very well. Especially if you can place the base station on any device attached to the MoCA network. If you were limited to only putting it at the Hopper I could see that being a problem. But in theory, if you had a Joey/Super Joey in one room and wanted to put a wireless one in the next then unless you have rock or metal framed walls then it should work great. If you are trying to go from one side of the house to another though there could be issues. But then again ANY wireless system would.

Well, in that case, I'm back to my original claim that $7/mo is not reasonable for a VJ. Might as well get a physical Joey w/wireless dongle and move it from place to place, hook it up to any TV (not just LG or PS3 or whatever is the overpriced platform of the day that I don't have). I also thought Vivek mentioned that the price of the VJ was still under consideration. If that's the case, they probably got very few adopters.

I think the idea behind the Virtual Joey is to allow you to use existing hardware you already have. Not to get you to go out and buy something new. Why would you do that? Just buy a real Joey.

Vevo uses YouTube as it's backend. If Google wasn't so insistent that they control the YouTube UX on TV I'd predict a Hopper YouTube app was in the future.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)