Super reply from dish network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
dude2 said:
Hopefully the guys that critized the first post find this 2nd one that fergie just put up better. Then maybe I will get my creditabilty back. Dave.

We were just messing around Dave, you didn't loose any creditablity :) Just a little Sunday night fun :D

"we are doing this in an attempt to continue
to offer more choices to our customers without serious quality
degradation. "

But you see, they believe they are meeting this standard and I don't agree. I think "serious quality degradation" in Dish's eyes would be an HD channel that approached SD quality.

It is possible that E* will eventually be able to reoffer HD channels in high quality. And I believe they would like to do so. But I think that is well down their priority list.

Dear Mr. Roxin,

Thank you for expressing your concerns in our product. We are sorry you
are disappointed by our product and hope that we can satisfy your
consumer needs going forward. The picture we provide, by definition,
is High Definition Television - 1920X1080 and 1280X720P.

Not 100% Accurate. All Voom channels are at 1280x1080i and others as well plus there are a few at 1440x1080i.

There are
several reasons there may see changes in our HD channels. One reason is
the incoming broadcast from the provider. Some of the programming you
receive is sent to us, from the provider, exactly the way you are seeing
it.

again not true...

We are also subject to space limitations on our satellites.

Yes, this is the only true statement so far.

Dish
Network is constantly working on improving our picture quality.

I am sure they are as well degrading the picture.

We will
continue to attempt to find new ways to improve and value your feedback.

That was not the point. The point is that the picture quality could be improved to even better PQ today.

The HD world is relatively new, and at DISH we are constantly trying to
find the right mix to get more HD and with the best possible resolution.
We work for improvement in this area every day. We are constantly
analyzing our channel layout and try to find better "match ups" for the
bandwidth sharing. As we add channels and improve technology, you may,
from time to time, see fluctuations in the picture quality. We
apologize for this; however, we are doing this in an attempt to continue
to offer more choices to our customers without serious quality
degradation. We have also made strides in improving the quality of many
channels on the service in the past few months and strive for additional
improvements in the future. The best advice we can give to our
customers is to be patient. We have maintenance on these HD channels
that are scheduled clear into the year 2007.

This is just more mumble jumbo... ---> Crap....Crap.....Crap.... Like "Turd TV"
]

dude2 said:
Then maybe I will get my creditabilty back.
Exactly why weren't you capable of posting this in this thread yourself ?? Instead, you relied on others.... It tool almost a full page before the message itself showed up.... :confused:

hall said:
Exactly why weren't you capable of posting this in this thread yourself ?? Instead, you relied on others.... It tool almost a full page before the message itself showed up.... :confused:

There is a perfectly good technical explanation for this, which I typed up in Word. Is there anyone here who lives near a photo developer? I've taken a picture of my screen, so if someone could get my film processed and use the photo to type my explanation into this forum I would really appreciate it.

:D

Is there a contest for most useless thread at the end of the year? Well if there is I nominate this thread...

Theres no information worth even discussing in that reply..Let alone calling it a super reply.. Its just a standard E* canned response with nothing but excuses and deceit..

Sapient said:
There is a perfectly good technical explanation for this, which I typed up in Word. Is there anyone here who lives near a photo developer? I've taken a picture of my screen, so if someone could get my film processed and use the photo to type my explanation into this forum I would really appreciate it.

:D

I just about spit Coke all over my laptop from reading that. Good one Sapient! :up

hall said:
Because I am a total idot and I wanted someone on the site to approve of it so I didn;t get anyone incharge of the fourms mad at the post. Fergie posted it the proper way.
Also what degrees in satellite communication do you have to properly address this issue. Dave.

Last edited:
dude2 said:
Also what degrees in satellite communication do you have to properly address this issue. Dave.

Wow, kinda uncalled for. I seriously doubt there are many (any?) people here with a degree in satellite commmunications. That doesn't mean that we can't have a "proper" discussion about satellite TV related issues.

That is very true, but it just seems that if we make a quote that sounds like it is written in stone, you should be able to back it up technically.
That is why I try to always say "in my opinion" so I am not trying to make a message in stone.
Anyway this is the best attempt I have seen from dish to inform us of just what is going on with pq.
Remember optimist= it is partly sunny today. It makes things better to take in.
Dave.

I feel strongly both ways! :D

dude2 - I haven't really seen anyone bashed in awhile, so it was about time; and although it probably wasn't intentional, thanks for stepping up to the plate. :hatsoff: It was also obvious that the first post was incorrect, your initial post said it wasn't the short response.

On the semi-serious side.... Charlie's glad you posted that for 2 reasons; (1) some may find it useful, and (2) let you get critized instead of him.:D

On the serious side.... I enjoyed reading the email and glad it got posted. Like yourself, I'm surprised that Dish has taken the extra effort to respond with something more than "short preformated strings of propaganda bull fertilizer that doesn't answer the question and just makes their technical staff look like the CSR staff" that I usually get back from them.

I think their new motto should be "If you can't fix it, it doesn't need fixing."

All - I know (most of) you were just joking, but instead of asking you to quit, keep up the good work. I'll just make sure no one knows who I am.

I said yesterday, I'm not a professional installer. Now add to it, I don't have a satallite degree either. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

PS - It took me awhile to figure out how to post pictures, and even longer how to quote (I think thanks go to bobabird).

Not gonna admit it

lakebum431 said:
Wow, kinda uncalled for. I seriously doubt there are many (any?) people here with a degree in satellite commmunications. That doesn't mean that we can't have a "proper" discussion about satellite TV related issues.
Since there may be ppl with a degree in it or a related one I don't think they will admit to it on this forum. As soon as one puts out that type of info they seem to get fragged.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Man that is good news! But better then that, I am happy to report that I have just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO! :D

Did you have Mini Me or the Movie Trailer guy helping you talk about it? :D

guffy1 said:
Is there a contest for most useless thread at the end of the year? Well if there is I nominate this thread...

Theres no information worth even discussing in that reply..Let alone calling it a super reply.. Its just a standard E* canned response with nothing but excuses and deceit..
I slightly disagree. Although there's nothing earth-shattering in the email, it is worth noting that Dish's canned correspondence still lists HD resolution as, "1920X1080 and 1280X720P."

They're still referencing the ATSC spec, but not following it in practice.

How have they not been sued along the lines of the current DirecTV litigation?

Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)