Superbowl 4k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder if DIRECTV could do a local ad insertion for the ad's like they do now on 'cable' channels? That way they could do a national feed and still get the local ad content.

I wonder if DIRECTV could do a local ad insertion for the ad's like they do now on 'cable' channels? That way they could do a national feed and still get the local ad content.
I gotta think they could if they wanted ...
They could have the event in 4k and the commercials in 1080 if they wanted.

Could but I imagine it would involve close coordination with every single affiliate to get the right commercials in the right spots and be assured that everyone would get them. Unless they wanted to switch the 4K channel to the regular local channel during local breaks. But then the 4K feed won't be in sync with many (or any) of the local affiliates.

Could but I imagine it would involve close coordination with every single affiliate to get the right commercials in the right spots and be assured that everyone would get them. Unless they wanted to switch the 4K channel to the regular local channel during local breaks. But then the 4K feed won't be in sync with many (or any) of the local affiliates.
they had open web streaming with the locals worked out. Maybe NBC, FOX, CBS can make so that the O&O stations do it.

They could do it. It would take a lot of planing. But I don't remember any local commercials during the game. They were probably there, but I didn't notice them.

Cable companies don't have the bandwidth for 4k and the networks are not going to pay for the equipment just for one game. Until we see primetime shows in 4k we don't get a superbowl broadcast in it.

Cable companies don't have the bandwidth for 4k and the networks are not going to pay for the equipment just for one game. Until we see primetime shows in 4k we don't get a superbowl broadcast in it.
If they can show the Pebble Beach Pro Am Golf Tournament this week in 4K why not the Superbowl or any other sporting event. Remember the Olympics were in 4K and current NBA games and the Garth Brooks Concert from Yankee Stadium on channel 104

Reactions: goaliebob99
Alot of the commercials are natively produced in 4K already. What really needs to happen is they need to do a 4K standalone broadcast and just downconvert everything to 1080. It's a cheaper and better solution to the problem. Just like in the trucks do a native 4K show and just downconvert where needed and be done with it!

Reactions: Jimbo

Actually the cable company's are adapting a video over IP model for 4k. They can do it, and did for the Olympics. Comcast did.

If they can show the Pebble Beach Pro Am Golf Tournament this week in 4K why not the Superbowl or any other sporting event. Remember the Olympics were in 4K and current NBA games and the Garth Brooks Concert from Yankee Stadium on channel 104

Yep we have had MLB, NBA, College Football, UFC, Golf, and various other events in 4K. There is no technical reason why it can't be done. The technology has matured. As many people I saw complaining about the lack of a 4K feed on twitter, goes to show 4K is starting the adoption phase.

The cable companies don't have any 4k channels online. I think it's just DTV at this point. And we still don't have a full HD saturation on cable yet.

It seems to me that DTV is in a position to crush the competition with 4K. Millions of 4K TV's being sold or will be sold shortly. No Dish. No cable. No OTA. Just DTV. Limited programming for sure but mote is coming and only from DTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)