SuperCast Week 1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vedhead

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
San Jose, CA
Well, just like last year, its all jacked up.

I got this email response from Directv:

Hi,

We are currently working on the issue and hope to have it resolved
before 1pm ET. We will send you an update later this hour.

Thanks for your patience on this matter.

DIRECTV

We'll see...

**EDIT** Seriously though, this is a joke. Why would they wait until 1 hour before gametime to let people log in for the FIRST TIME?? Throw up a Sunday Ticket Commercial and let people test their sh*t out a week before...plus they can test the stress it will cause on their servers...f*ing amateurs...

Last edited:
First it was timing out on me when I hit login, now it says username and pw is incorrect but it's the same pw I log in with on directv and that works fine!!! I'm so mad, I want to have this up on the computer to keep up with the other games in addition to my Jets which I have going on the main TV in the living room. f**k this.

Isn't this service's tech provide by SlingMedia? Maybe DirecTV needs to find another tech partner.

That was last year. I believe they're doing it without them this year, especially since Charlie purchased Sling, why give the compitition money? When I start the Supercast agent I see traffic from my router going to nfl.directv.com.

Likely true, I'm just saying I doubt they (DirecTV) actually provides any of the tech or servers and stuff for this; they just own the name and broadcast rights to SuperCast and ST; anyway it works flawlessly for me. Posted cap for those constantly accusing some of us for just blindly defending DirecTV because they can't get something to work when we actually don't have problems.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 124
True, just saying I doubt they (DirecTV) actually provides any of the tech; they just own the name and broadcast rights to SuperCast and ST; anyway it works flawlessly for me.

I updated my prior post saying that my router is showing sessions going to nfl.directv.com when I start up the Supercast client. So maybe they are doing the whole nut this year, they did have all last year and up to now to get a system in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that too, could be a redirect or really no telling where the servers are physically located or who runs them, but anyway I guess the fact it works for many of us; could point to other issues outside of DirecTV control and the above emails and stuff simply being automated, canned, or unknowledgeable replies.

I also had problems logging into the supercast system from 12:30 to 1PM - but shortly after 1PM I got it and it worked really good thoroughout the day - I was using the Adobe application which was pretty slick.

I remember last year you couldn't log into Supercast at all last year week 1. So this year was improved. also picture on TV was awesome as well - can't wait until next sunday!

Well, week one is done and gone, and it worked ok after a few jitters in the pregame and first half-hour or so.

This is an improvement over last year, when it was unusable the first week, as nobody could login.

Anyhow, it was solid most of the day, and should remain that way for next week.

For dumping their partner in Sling, they did a pretty good job redesigning it, and offering two ways to use it, the AIR clinet and web-based Flash version.

Likely true, I'm just saying I doubt they (DirecTV) actually provides any of the tech or servers and stuff for this; they just own the name and broadcast rights to SuperCast and ST; anyway it works flawlessly for me. Posted cap for those constantly accusing some of us for just blindly defending DirecTV because they can't get something to work when we actually don't have problems.

Actually, this is pretty much entirely DirecTV produced. Everything from the software clients to getting the feeds on the computer.

Last year they partnered with Sling Media.

This year it is essentially all in-house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)