Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Went to watch my recording on the Colts v. Bears game (starting about 1 1/2 hours late, perfect to watch and end about the same time).

Much to my despair, look at this image, my whole recording is this.

To D*'s credit, they did open the DNS station to our market in this situation. I've seen prior times where the local was down and they did not do that. So, if the situation is unavoidable, at least they are doing something to help.

Just sucks when you set the recording and forget it.

One more reason to use those OTA feeds instead, but I really like the space savings from the MPEG4 feeds :( (and the quality is so good now too)

The station is WEYI, NBC 25 from Flint MI.

Attachments

• capture016.jpg
    capture016.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 218
Well, the stations site has the answer:

The swap from analog broadcast to digital is a very involved process that requires many components working together properly. Our digital transmitter is currently offline and we are actively working to correct the situation. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and hope to reestablish our digital signal as quickly as possible.

We are working quickly, but the process may take sometime to complete. Most cable viewers and those receiving our analog signal will not notice a difference in our broadcast. However, those viewers and cable subscribers using a digital only signal will not receive our broadcast, and may not for a few days.

We hope to resolve this quickly and thank you for your patience.

Guess I hadn't watched enough NBC to notice before the game tonight.

I still commend DirecTV for opening up the DNS feed, that is pretty cool. Many cable customers may be in the dark, if their head-end is using the digital feed yet.

Definitely a heads up move on their part and it appears they have learned from the past. I've heard many customers complaints over the years but this was the only time I went off with D's customer service. A few years back they told me they needed to wait for "confirmation" from their respective counterpart before opening up the distants & I was irate while missing almost half of the game of the week.

Good work D.

this happened to me yesterday around 11pm with my nbc,cbs locals. thankfully i have the am21

Sorry to hear that man. That really sucks. At least they opened up the DNS for you until this problem gets sorted. I have one of those OTA indoor Terk antennas that works pretty well if I have it pointed the right way. I use it as a backup. I am very pleased with the locals that DirecTV is sending me. They seem better than what I was getting through cable. Perhaps this is because it is MPEG-4.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)