Superdish 121 signal only EVEN POLARITY..no odd

chiki124

Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
Hi,

new to this forum..need some help...
I am using superdish with DP34 and TWO LNB's but three connections..when I point the dish to correct position I have the reception for 110 (90+%), 119 (85%) but 121 only 54-58% so when I do the check switch it shows as follows:
Satellite 121: Polarity EVEN (only)
Satellite 110: ALL
Satellite 119: ALL
so I am missing 121 for ODD polarity...someone told me that because of reception...I tried all angles..but no use...is any connection missing?? (or) its the signal...pl. help..

Hi,

I checked the skew angle, it shows on my setup 130 degrees, and with 130 degrees (plus five and minus five) also I tried...but ..its not getting the signal..The signal found at 32 degrees (again only EVEN) ...so I am missing couple of important chanels :)
any other things I should also check apart from skew...

thanks

If you have a weak signal from the FSS satellite on one polarity then sometimes you will get no signal on the other polarity. In your case you are getting a weak signal on the even transponders from 121 so your odd transponders may not be coming in strong enough. Try peaking the signal above what you have it now for 121 to see if the odds come in as well. Make sure that the mast/pole is plumb so that your skew and elevation numbers will be true.

Nothing working..tried to peak the angle..no use...is there anyway that i can check whether my 121 lnb is working good?

I really would try readjusting your elevation. Usually those SD's are off about 1.5 degrees. Not sure what your EL settings are for your zip code. But for example, if it states 28 degree EL, I'd try jacking that puppy up to about 29 or 30. Run the checkswitch each time you play with your adjustments. If the 121 fades altogether, the go back to the initial EL and then work your way down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts