superdish "check"

rjad

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2004
I seem to remember seeing on the check switch screen a "checkbox" for superdish. Anybody know what that is really doing? Do we need to select the superdish "check" for the newer dishes such as dish 1000+, 500+, etc? Are they considered superdish too?

Go to http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/equipment/dish_pro.shtml,
at top - click on "DISH Pro" and then click on "Check Switch Test".

- Check SuperDish for FSS locations.
- Check Alternate for Puerto Rico

The SuperDish 121 and SuperDish 105 uses FSS satellites at 121 and 105 respectively.

Since the Dish 500+/1000+ uses FSS frequencies at the 118.7 location, I would assume that you would check SuperDish.

The most that can happen by checking it, is it runs additional series of tests which would take longer.

From one check switch to another, I find that sometimes it does nothing different by removing or adding the checks. (Therefore, the Run Check Switch without anything connected.)

However, a few months ago, when I did check switch many many times between using a DPP44, DP34, and DiSEqC switches, I noticed that checking and not checking SuperDish and Alternate could cause the 622 to run several additional tests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)