SUPERDISH - Do I need it ? and when?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ride525

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
I currently have a Dish 500 with a 6000u receiver. So I can see 110 and 119, and currently subscribe to AT150 and the HD package. I would like to see PPV-HD, but I think that is on 148.

1. If I understand correctly, SuperDish will add 105 to my 110 and 119. What will that add to my current AT150 and HD package? I understand HD channels are moving to 105, but when?

2. How can I get HD PPV on 148? Or will that be moving to 105 also?

Thanks

Jeff

1. SuperDish will add 105 to your 6000. This will let you see and HDTV channels that are available to you on 105. (HBO, SHO, HDEvents, HP-PPV, Dish HDTV Demo).

The HD Package channels are currently on the 110 satellites. They might move over to 105 late next year. If you have a SuperDish then it would not be a problem.

2. HD-PPV. It has been removed from the Wing satellites, but it is supposedly on the 105. You'll need SuperDish to get it.

Cyclone said:
2. HD-PPV. It has been removed from the Wing satellites, but it is supposedly on the 105. You'll need SuperDish to get it.
Is that very recent? lyngsat.com still shows HD-PPV on 148, as well as HBO, Discovery and SHO. No HD-PPV on 61.5, but the demo channel still is (again, according to lyngsat).

x

xgrep said:
Is that very recent? lyngsat.com still shows HD-PPV on 148, as well as HBO, Discovery and SHO. No HD-PPV on 61.5, but the demo channel still is (again, according to lyngsat).

x

Tony's Dish Channel Chart also shows HDPPV to still be on 148, along with the new location at 105 transponder 17.

I have been hearing that they are going to transition the HD channels from 61.5 over to 105 although I have heard on the Charlie Chats in the past that they would keep the current HD content on 61.5

So if HD and International are both moving from the wing slots to 105 and 121 respectively then what will they use the wing slots for? Are they going to continue the policy of putting the "less viewed" locals on the wing slots, using their newly found extra capacity to open up new cities?

So if HD and International are both moving from the wing slots to 105 and 121 respectively then what will they use the wing slots for? Are they going to continue the policy of putting the "less viewed" locals on the wing slots, using their newly found extra capacity to open up new cities?
The internationals will stay at 61.5 for quite some time yet.

But yes, in the near to intermediate term, the freed capacity on 61.5 will be used for secondary locals in the new local markets Dish is launching at 110, 119, and 105.

So those that want to get the secondarly locals that require the SuperDish for the main local channels will still have to have a 61.5 dish? I thought they were going to put all the local channels in each market that require a SuperDish at 105. If they required 61.5 for the secondary markets for that that require a SuperDish then there are going to be problems. Dish will have to provide a DP-44 switch in which is not out yet, then those that want 121 for international will need a switch that has not been announced yet, so the need for a switch capabable of handeling more than 4 slots will be greater than it would have been.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)