SuperDish from resellers vs Dish

PNotar

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 2, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
I called Dish Network today to try and order a Super Dish. I'm in Philadelphia, getting locals from 119, so my goal is solely HD. The CSR said that they are only accepting work orders for cities with locals on 105. :x My only option was to go through a local reseller. Has anyone else been told this?

I've tried 6 different re-sellers, only one of which seemed to know their stuff. What I got from them was that they have not received any SuperDish kits, and have no idea when they will arrive. They also don;t think anyone in the Philly area has gotten them.

Frustrating, to be sure.....
P.

So far only retailers who are in SuperDISH locals rollout areas can order SuperDISH's.

I know DishStore.NET tried ordering some and our order was canceled by our distributer because the home office is not a location serves by SuperDISH locals.

Scott Greczkowski said:
So far only retailers who are in SuperDISH locals rollout areas can order SuperDISH's.

That makes sense, but would it be too much for the CSRs to say that instead of directing me to call a local retailer?

Oh, wait, never mind.....silly me.....

(Sorry - new user - this may have been asked already)

I'm in Buffalo NY area. My locals are on 61.5 sat.
Superdish (from what I can figure) does not point at that Satellite.
Can I order superdish in this initial rollout?

I'm looking to get the free, 1st time users 811 HD box, and I have 2 other Std Def. TV's that I'd like to get a signal to. I heard that the 811 will output a 2nd Std def signal to separate TV, is this the same signal thats on the 1st HD output signal too?

I guess it's stupid to go with digital home plan, I guess I really should know how many boxes to get on this initial order since they will all be "free" after 1 year committment (or is it 2 years since I may need 3 boxes?)

Sorry for so many questions... and tnx for the help!

I'm in Buffalo NY area. My locals are on 61.5 sat.
Superdish (from what I can figure) does not point at that Satellite.
Can I order superdish in this initial rollout?
No. You (like the majority os us) have to wait until SuperDish is offered nationally (meaning when HD gets activated on 105°) before you can get the free SuperDish offer.

Realize that, currently, if you get a SuperDish, you won't be able to get your locals, since there's currently no switch that can connect to four different LNB's (105°, 110°, and 119° on SuperDish, and 61.5° on a Dish300 for your locals).

For those of us without locals on 105°, it makes sense to wait until the DP+44 switch is available before migrating to SuperDish (assuming, of course, that Dish doesn't put up any new HD channels solely on 105°). At that point, I expect we'll see a free SuperDish/DP+44 promo for those with dishes pointed at 61.5°/148°

I heard that the 811 will output a 2nd Std def signal to separate TV, is this the same signal thats on the 1st HD output signal too?
Correct. The 811 still only has a single tuner, so it can only display one channel at a time, regardless of output.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)