Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The following was sent out tonight to Dish Network Retailers. It marks how they plan on phasing out the SuperDISH.

The launch of our Echo X satellite is providing us with the ability to move local network programming from SuperDISH (121° or105° orbital locations) to a DISH 500 antenna. We will begin moving 54 DMAs in two phases. Therefore, the necessary antenna will be a DISH 500 and will no longer be a SuperDISH antenna for new customers who subscribe to local network programming in these affected DMAs, or existing customers in these DMAs newly subscribing to their locals.

Please note that as of the effective date for each DMA (please look at the tables below to see the phase to which each DMA is assigned – For Phase 1, the effective date is April 21, 2006 and for Phase 2, the effective date is May 5, 2006), no incentives or other payments of any type that arise from or relate to a SuperDISH antenna will be payable in connection with DISH Network subscribers who are located within the affected DMAs and newly subscribe to their local network channels, but do not subscribe to International programming (or other applicable programming that requires a SuperDISH as determined by DISH Network).

Existing customers in these DMAs who are subscribing to their local network channels should continue to use their installed SuperDISH antennas to view them until otherwise notified.

Phase 1 DMAs: Effective date, April 21, 2006
Joplin Missouri
Albany Georgia
Boise Idaho
Charleston South Carolina
Evansville Indiana
Madison Wisconsin
Panama City Florida
Traverse City Michigan
Baltimore Maryland
Gainesville Florida
Green Bay Wisconsin
La Crosse-Eau Claire Wisconsin
New Orleans Louisiana
Augusta Georgia
Columbus-Tupelo Mississippi
Flint Michigan
Ft. Wayne Indiana
Lansing Michigan
Macon Georgia
Toledo Ohio
Tri-Cities Tennessee/Virginia

Phase 2 DMAs: Effective date, May 5, 2006

Terre Haute Indiana
Albany New York
Champaign Illinois
Chattanooga Tennessee
Columbia South Carolina
Jefferson City Missouri
Davenport Iowa
El Paso Texas
Fargo North Dakota
Ft. Smith Arkansas
Greensboro North Carolina
Greenville North Carolina
Lincoln Nebraska
Meridian Mississippi
Milwaukee Wisconsin
Missoula Montana
Mobile Alabama
Monroe Louisiana
Montgomery Alabama
Myrtle Beach South Carolina
Norfolk Virginia
Peoria Illinois
Portland Maine
Quincy Illinois
Rochester New York
Rockford Illinois
Savannah Georgia
South Bend Indiana
Syracuse New York
Topeka Kansas
Wichita Kansas
Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania
Youngstown Ohio

In light of the end dates for SuperDISH antennas in the affected DMAs, please keep an eye on your inventory levels, and plan accordingly. We hope that this transition away from SuperDISH in these local markets reduces installation times and inventory costs.

Thanks for Supporting DISH Network!

Yes good info. Looks like my DMA is moving over on May 5. Whoo Hooo. Maybe I can keep my locals when it rains once they move from 105.

Later,

BigJohn2

I live in Chattanooga, TN and have a 622 install set for April 22. I currently have a Super Dish 105,119,110. To get a dish 1000 should I push back my install date to May 5 since my locals are being moved. I would rather have only one dish than two.

Last edited:
Well thats great news i will keep it and put a LNB on it and use my 121 slot and hook it up to pickup 129 and just keep the dish and take down my Dish 500 that i have for 129.

So i have know Super Dish 110/119/121 & Dish 500 at 129

Switch it to SuperDish 110/119/129 and keep the biger dish

My Locals come out of Toledo Ohio on 121

Last edited:
SMM said:
I live in Chattanooga, TN and have a 622 install set for April 22. I currently have a Super Dish 105,119,110. To get a dish 1000 should I push back my install date to May 5 since my locals are being moved. I would rather have only one dish than two.
If you are getting a 622 then they'lll need to get you a dish 1000 unless if you live on the extreme coasts and cannot see 129.

Currently in Norfolk Va with a superdish 500 point at 105, 110 & 119. In phase 2 of the DMA moves are my locals going to 129? If so what do I have to do to reconfigured my Dish. Does Dish personnel reset my Dish? Thanks

They also forgot Charlottesville, Va. Do you think we will be moved off of 105 eventually?

Todd

If I have a Dish500 at 61.5 and a Superdish, is it better to keep that or upgrade to the 1000?

I'm in Baltimore and have a 622 install setup for next Wednesday. They said I would keep the 61.5 dish and not be upgraded to the 1000? Will everything stay mirrored on 61.5?

Thanks everyone....

If Richmond and Charlottesville are going on 129, wouldn't we have to change our
superdish to the dish 1000? If we didn't, we would loose our locals when they remove them from 105.

Todd

For the end user, (ie you guys) you will need to do nothing. You will wake up one more and your locals will be there just as they are now, only diffrence is you will be getting them off of the 110 spotbeam satellite instead of the SuperDish slots of 121 or 105. :)

Scott,

The Richmond and Charlottesville locals are on 105 but have been mirrored on 129. What does this mean. Do you think they will be moved to 129. If so, they would need to come out and install the dish 1000. Since we are on 105 now and they don't show us on the list of being moved from 105 to 110, do you think this means we may be moved to 129?

Todd

Nobody is touching my SuperDish. I only use it for 110 and 119 and I almost never have rain fade.

Thats why im going to keep my SuperDish 121 and not go to a Dish 1000 have great luck with the 121 SuperDish and will just change the 121 slot to a 129 slot and take down my Dish 500 i have for 129

i hear some markets could go to 61.5 which i personally think is one of the worst ideas dish has ever had. and they've had some pretty bad ones

StevenD said:
Nobody is touching my SuperDish. I only use it for 110 and 119 and I almost never have rain fade.

I still have my dish 500 on the roof and never got rain fade from it. When they move my locals over to 110 would Dish come out and twick the superdish for better signal on 110 @ 119 or should I just switch back to my Dish500?

Thanks,

BigJohn2

A side note how would I hook up a 625 to my dish500? I have 2 sw21 switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)