Superdish install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jjnemoiii

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Superdish availability?

Just had locals added to my area, and need superdish to get them. E* says 2 months wait to get dish-n-installer available! Heard from friend that NEW customers get priority treatment, and get superdish RIGHT AWAY! Anybody heard anything on this?

jjnemoiii said:
Just had locals added to my area, and need superdish to get them. E* says 2 months wait to get dish-n-installer available! Heard from friend that NEW customers get priority treatment, and get superdish RIGHT AWAY! Anybody heard anything on this?

Unfortunately yes, Dish has been giving new customers priority instead of loyal paying customers when it comes to Supdish installs. I'm sure it's competeition driven (read: bragging rights) since everything else about Dish is.

I was on a 2month waiting list as well..But i got lucky cause when i was given an install date of feb 7th they actually showed up on the 7th..Any it was kinda of funny cause the 2 guys that came to install them was only installing them for about 2 weeks..This outfit mainly only does direct tv but he was alos doing the superdish installs cause they were paying rather well

jjnemoiii said:
Heard from friend that NEW customers get priority treatment, and get superdish RIGHT AWAY!
Not sure what other people's definition of "right away" is but I'm a new customer and my setup required a SuperDish. Well, I ordered around a month ago... Got installed on Friday (first available). Is that "right away" to you ?? Sure isn't to me.

I've had existing customers get an appointment originally in December, and have been pushed back to April... all because of availability of superdishes.

Personally I think they outta wait until they get a good supply of superdish's before they put locals on 105 and 121. Its pointless to do so unless they have a good supply of the means to get those channels.

Make a long story short...

Called December 18th (1st day available) for a SuperDish install.
I now have an install date for May 12th.
In the meantime I have neighbors all around me getting SuperDishes as new installs.

Good luck.

OrangeandBlue33

OrangeandBlue33 said:
Make a long story short...

Called December 18th (1st day available) for a SuperDish install.
I now have an install date for May 12th.
In the meantime I have neighbors all around me getting SuperDishes as new installs.

Good luck.

OrangeandBlue33
Keep calling back for a new appointment time sooner. My friend originally had an install date 2 months out but called back and got a new appointment within a week.

Or try calling a local dealer directly.

Last month I got set up as a new customer for an 811/SDish combo. Install was in 48 hours. Part of the problem may be regional variation, and who needs SD for locals, but it still isn't something E* should be proud of.

Craig

I hate to say this, but SuperDISH has been a big fiasco from day 1. DISH really needs to get their act together.

I agree. I would be doing more upgrades or customers but its hard to do it for free when they make me pay a COD charge for every single one I receive plus shipping and do not reimburse me for some of them. Its just a bunch of bull. I have to offset my risk and costs by charging a fee so I can at least break even. No point in retailers/installers doing upgrades until you know you are getting reimbursed for what you already did.

It would suck if you decided to do several dozen upgrades and Dish decides to tell you that they never received ANY claim forms or UPC's or decides to ax you to get out of paying you. If you dont do them all at once you dont have all the risk of not getting paid at once. I have read enough stories of retailers not getting reimbursed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)