Superdish Installation

tkiker

Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
:yes
I hesitate to share this for the sake of Cascade's feelings (sorry Cascade)

Well, I got home from the office around 11:30, You know just in case the guy shows up early . . . :eek: :shocked well he calls about 12:30 to confirm directions, says he has one job to do in town then he will be out. He arrives around 2:45 and by 3:30 by dish 500 is disconnected (I was watching Golf) and about 5 minutes later I decide to start checking signal.

Well I do a point dish and the signal is strong on 119 but it won't lock in so I check the superdish box and it locks in so I check the other two satellites then do a check switch. Everything great, by the time he comes in all he has to do is recheck it and call it in. I left home 5 minutes ago with perfectly clear local channels.

Here are the signal strengths:

119-100 + consistently
110-High 80's sometimes low 90's
105-Mid to upper 60's (The installer said this one would be the lowest)

The guy was great and worked quickly. He even patched up the holes from the dish 500 (Go figure)

He said there were about 40 dish network guys from out of state in the Norfolk Area to help with the rush of upgrades for locals.

Overall:

Completely satisfied with installation, but we will see how it goes over the next few weeks. You know thunderstorms, rain showers, hurricanes, etc...
Also, I'm curious to see how the wife reacts to the size of this thing. It looks huge, but from the road it doesn't look that bad.

Have a great day guys, I am going to veg tonight and watch tv. Cascade I hope tomorrow goes well. Maybe you'll get the guy I had. Dude with dreds did a good job.

Ps

What can I do with the 500 Dish and LNBS that were replaced. I understand these things have some value, where might I sell them?

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)