superdish problem

superdish123

Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Guys,
I have a superdish to receive international channels which got moved due to heavy winds. I checked the satellite, signal strength and it shows its pointing to satellite 119. I think it should be pointing to satellite 121 ?. When I set the satellite to 121 in the menu setting, it says - not locked in. I am wondering how do I point to sat 121. Are 119 and 121 close to each other?

For sat 119, when I press the guide button, I see the american channels but when I select a channel, it does not show me any picture or sound. So, I guess even that is not working.

My elevation,skew settings are 31, 122 for my zip code 483XX. The dish is installed on a wooden mast.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Settings for your zip with a Superdish 121 call for azimuth - 235 deg., skew - 122 deg., elevation - 28 degrees.

Your skew is close enough and not likely your problem.
Azimuth may be, or minor change with elevation.
Slowly adjust azimuth and elevation.
DP34 switch could be a problem also.

Thanks for your reply clancy. I did the check switch test and it shows I have a DP34 switch. It didn't show any errors. How do I know that the switch has a problem? Also, Is there any place where I can buy a meter/compass to get the correct azimuth? Is sat 121 close to sat 119?

thanks,

119 and 121 are 2 degrees apart, very close. But received with different LNBFs. If you are getting 119 signal most likely it is very close to correct alignment.

Eventhough I get 119 and see the list of channels using the guide button, I do not get any sound and the screen is all black i.e. no picture. What could be the problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts