Superdish problems

Chucky1328,

I now have three dishes installed on my shed in the back yard. My neighbors just shake their heads when they see me messing with them! :shocked I have an IRD and 13" tv out in the shed too. I plan on taking down my Dish 500 system and stay with the Superdish if I ever get it to work. I have a short window of time to work on it more tomorrow. Hopefully it will be productive day...

mski

ats7627,

I've left it unplugged over night. Will try it tomorrow. Just got to thinking the 301 will work on a DISH 500 system, right. Is it backward compatible? I know my 3900 and 2800 work on it without a legacy adapter.

mski

The 301 will work with a legacy,Dish Pro,& Superdish system. It is the type of LNBF that you use that determines what is compatible(legacy,dish pro,dish pro plus). I do know that model 1000-5000,7100,7200 receivers are not superdish compatible.They will not recognize a FSS sigal(121 & 105 sat).

So is the superdish just going to go to your 508 & 301? If so then there should be no problem with compatibility,except after you get all the satellites tuned you will need to take a software upgrade.

thanks...

Chuckster,

Thanks for clearing things up for me. Yes the superdish will be just going to a 301 and 2 - 508's.

You've been following this thread, if 119 signal isn't strong enough chances are 121 won't come in? Is this a matter of just tweaking the crap out of it?

I'm a little confused as to why the switch check says no connection instead of connection with no signal. Well tomorrows another day!

mski

ats7627 is giving good advice - except I tend to skip the DP34 hookup for the first go - just in case there's a problem there.

mski: you say "powering off". The power button or switch basically does nothing - a "power-plug reboot" means to physicaly remove power by pulling the plug.

mski,

Basically, if you get a good signal on the 110, then you go & peak the 121 signal. If you have a good 121 signal then the 119 should fall into place.Atleast that is the way it appears by the advice Dish gives on how to aim the superdish.

As ats7627 & Simple Simon have advised above, doing the hard restart of your receiver to clear out the matrix , then bypassing the 34 switch & hooking up one sat cable at a time & peaking the signall is a good way to go.

I was told before I received my superdish for locals on the 105 satellite it would be a type 1 dish which has a metal reflector. The type 2 dish for the 121 satellite would have the plastic reflector. Mski indicated that he has a 121 superdish with a metal reflector. I don't think the reflector alone would make a difference unless it is shaped differently. Maybe there was some 121 superdishes manufactured with the metal reflector, I don't know. Just food for thought.

chuckster,

I have done the hard reset to my 301. I also have it updated to the latest software so I can use it to get my signals. Later this afternoon I will try ats7627's suggestion. I have yet to get a signal on 121, maybe today!

mski

ByrdWatcher said:
I was told before I received my superdish for locals on the 105 satellite it would be a type 1 dish which has a metal reflector. The type 2 dish for the 121 satellite would have the plastic reflector. Mski indicated that he has a 121 superdish with a metal reflector. I don't think the reflector alone would make a difference unless it is shaped differently. Maybe there was some 121 superdishes manufactured with the metal reflector, I don't know. Just food for thought.

ByrdWatcher,

There are Type 1 dishes (metal) for both 105 and 121 superdishes and Type 2 dishes (plastic) for both 105 and 121 superdishes.

mski said:
Chuckster,

Thanks for clearing things up for me. Yes the superdish will be just going to a 301 and 2 - 508's.

You've been following this thread, if 119 signal isn't strong enough chances are 121 won't come in? Is this a matter of just tweaking the crap out of it?

I'm a little confused as to why the switch check says no connection instead of connection with no signal. Well tomorrows another day!

mski

mski,

The check switch summary screen tells you that you have no connection on the 121 satellite because it is not receiving a signal from 121. It does not mean that there is not a physical connection to the LNBF

Thanks. Was not aware of that. Sorry for the misinformation, however being that he can't receive 121 but has 110&119 I wonder if he tried for the 105 sat what the results would be. I'm just very suspicious of something purchased off the internet like a superdish.

I am new to this forum but have been installing SuperDishes for several months now. Only question a few things, 1) make sure you have superdish checked in your switch test screen, 2) verify with dish that you have the latest software version. 3) assuming you have a 100+ single strength on 119 and 110, I would run a test cable directly from the 121 satellite feed directly to the 301 receiver, run a check switch then try to point from there. If you have a single meter, hook it up to the 121 lnb and stick your hand in front of it and see if the sound varies at all, if it doesn't, that could mean a defective lnb.

Success!

I want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread especially ats7627. His directions worked perfectly.

From start to finish took less than 45 minutes. Did exactly as he said. My results are:

110 signal 92
119 signal 117
121 signal 92

I'm real happy with these readings. I noticed after tweaking that my skew and elevation are about 2 degrees different from Dish suggests.

Again thanks to everyone...

chucky1328 how did you make out today?

mski

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)