superdish

Larry - that sadoun switch looks ike it's got a built-in diplexer!

Wasn't there another thread around here where that would help the OP?

simon - I originally posted that info over at DBS in the E* Dvr forum. And yes, it does have the built in diplexor, which is why I may try to obtain 1. If they end up being stable, it would be a good unit when adding in OTA for HD.

Do Dish and DirectTv use the same broadcast satellites? If so, can I use the exact same location where my Direct TV dish was for my new E* dish? My installer claimed that they he had to change the location a few feet because they were different satellite feeds.

Most likely not, direct uses 101, as their main, 119/110 for add'l channels
Dish uses 119 for it's core channels, 110/105/121 for add'l channels

Chances are you're pointed to 101, in which case you'll not be able to use it for Dish.

mitchflorida said:
Do Dish and DirectTv use the same broadcast satellites? If so, can I use the exact same location where my Direct TV dish was for my new E* dish? My installer claimed that they he had to change the location a few feet because they were different satellite feeds.

If you are in florida, the 110 and 119 are to the west of the 101 and lower on the horizon. If you have a tree or building nearby, then you may have problems. I remove D* or E* dishes and mount the other on the exact same mount all the time. Your main problem is the line of sight for dish in most cases, since I am on the east coast as well.

larrystotler said:
If you are in florida, the 110 and 119 are to the west of the 101 and lower on the horizon. If you have a tree or building nearby, then you may have problems. I remove D* or E* dishes and mount the other on the exact same mount all the time. Your main problem is the line of sight for dish in most cases, since I am on the east coast as well.

Too bad I didn't have you as an installer! Mine installed it on a small square of cinder block. It hasn't moved yet, but let's see what happens next hurricane season! He also didn't ground the dish. How come I think all he cared about was getting me to sign the installation contract?