SuperDish 105 Problems

darkhorse85

Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Nebraska
Hi guys. I'm brand new to the board and admittedly I don't know much about satellite systems. Recently some friend and I decided to give it a go this year for a satellite system and TV setup at a tailgate. I picked up an old Superdish that my parents had on their house that they kept around after they got a new one. They didn't know anything about it but said I could sure try it out. Yesterday we were giving the setup a dry run at my house and we could not find a signal to save our life. I want to say that I think I know what the problem is but I can't be sure so that's why I came here to ask. With Superdish do you need all three LNBs for it to work and find a signal? The two on the arm are still there but the one that would extend off to the side is missing. Is this my problem? Should I just get a new dish? If I haven't provided enough info and need to be more clear about something please just let me know. Thanks for reading and thanks for you help!

Bottom line: you need something else.

Superdish 105 had 105 in the middle, 110 and 119 on the side. Plus they need a switch to connect them all together between the dish and receiver. DP33, DPP44 or similar.

Great. That's what I figured. I thought getting a free dish a trying that out first was better than buying one first. Thanks for the advice. i appreciate it.

That dish with 105 LNBF in the middle might come in handy, if you decide to venture into the world of FTA. See separate subforum here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)