Blackout on MLB channel - why?

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
The way I understand it is if local teams are playing they get blacked out on ESPN and MLB and I am expected to watch them on local channel or RSN. I go to watch Yankees/Braves and I'm blacked out from watching it in Vegas. WHY? Man I HATE this!

check the MLB alt (5400 area)

some nights they (MLB Net) does this weird regional thing where they just throw a dart at the map and say "yep you get main game" or "nope backup game"

I am getting the opposite (main game of Yankees at Braves on 152 but not the alternate game).

5450 is the SD channel of the alternate channel of MLB; 5451 is the HD channel of the alternate channel of MLB. The alternate game is Red Sox at Marlins.

Can anyone with the $7 Superstations package get the game on 238 WWOR (who has it blackout out on MLB Network that is)?

actually looking at the schedule tonight you dont get a late game as both the main and backup claim Vegas

Tues., June 12
7:00 p.m.
New York Yankees @ Atlanta Braves
Boston Red Sox @ Miami Marlins
10:00 p.m.
L.A. Angels of Anaheim @ Los Angeles Dodgers
Houston Astros@ San Francisco Giants

I'm wondering also. Here on Maui, the Yankees/Braves game is blacked out on MLBN.

Instead, MLBNA RedSox/Marlins is reported as "unlocked" (ch 5451).

Problem is - DISH does this thing on Maui where sometimes we will receive a channel and other times we can't. What this means is that a week ago I WAS able to receive MLBNA but today, (6/12/12) I get the "Complete Signal Loss" message.

I also subscribe to the sports package and it's the same story with the FOX and CS HD feeds. Some days we can get the HD feed and other days we don't - even though there IS a feed and it is reported as "unlocked" in the guide.

I am getting the opposite (main game of Yankees at Braves on 152 but not the alternate game).

5450 is the SD channel of the alternate channel of MLB; 5451 is the HD channel of the alternate channel of MLB. The alternate game is Red Sox at Marlins.

Can anyone with the $7 Superstations package get the game on 238 WWOR (who has it blackout out on MLB Network that is)?

Actually my superstations are unavailable with the exception of KTLA. Screen says temporarily un- available', no need to call us. WWOR shows it would be aired in my area if supers were up and running.

I'm getting Red Sox/Marlins on 5451. Thanks Iceberg. I didn't even know about that channel.
I'm not a Yankee fan but I do thinks its strange that it's blacked out for me. I'm a huge Angels fan and tonight they decided not to blackout that game on FSW. That's another thing that's really pissing me off. They black out some of those games every week due to another contract dispute or some BS.

Actually my superstations are unavailable with the exception of KTLA. Screen says temporarily un- available', no need to call us. WWOR shows it would be aired in my area if supers were up and running.

Weird, I was without KTLA but got WSBK all throughout today's "Superstation blackout." I'm watching WWOR right now, and I can confirm for sure that the Yankees-Braves game is airing in the clear.

I probably should have mentioned that a superstation can be subbed to standalone for $2/month for anyone wanting to do so if they really wanted to watch the game if it was blacked out on MLB Network or if someone did not have MLB Network.

While I'm on the subject of baseball I figure I'd give a plug to the MLB Scoreboard app for Android. I use it more than any other. If you a BB fan you should try it. Best free app on my phone.

This is pretty ridiculous, but I'm in Buffalo and blacked out of both. That's Buffalo. Blacked out of games featuring

L.A.
Houston
S.F.

I'm about as far away from any of those three cities as it is possible to be while remaining in the continental US.

I think I've noticed a few other times I've been blacked out of L.A. games for no real reason.

5450 is the SD channel of the alternate channel of MLB; 5451 is the HD channel of the alternate channel of MLB.
I was looking for an alternate channel for MLB network last week and I couldn't find it... thanks! I just checked it now and found Astros @ Giants in progress... cool!

Richard Winfeld said:
I was looking for an alternate channel for MLB network last week and I couldn't find it... thanks! I just checked it now and found Astros @ Giants in progress... cool!

I think the alt channel should be eaiser to find. Like maping down by mlb net like they do with espn alts

No, but I think his point, or at least my point is the MLBN ALT needs to be mapped down next to the regular MLB, it's only one channel. Rather than treat it as an alternate it really should be MLBN2.....

Tampa8 said:
No, but I think his point, or at least my point is the MLBN ALT needs to be mapped down next to the regular MLB, it's only one channel. Rather than treat it as an alternate it really should be MLBN2.....

Right. I would bet that the average customer isn't even aware that there is an alternate because people just don't go into the 5000s. The same thing is true for the Big Ten alternate and NHL Network alternate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)