Superfan problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dafilthymofo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
I got the D10-300 receiver and I cant seem to get the interactive part to work with the gamemix channels? What button do I need to push? Help!

Does your receiver have the update for the interactive services? The easy way to check is to hit the Menu button. If you get a "Quick Menu" in the left corner of the screen with a "Settings" selection, then you have the upgrade. If you have a menu that only says "setup", then the upgrad hasn't downloaded. Reset the receiver, and when you get to the blue screen with the message "Hello, your DirecTV receiver is starting up" then enter 02468 on your remote. Do NOT press Enter. If it indicates that new software has been found and/or that it is downloading software, then you're getting the upgrade. If you're in a market where the locals are off the 72.5 satellite or if you get your locals from the 95 satellite, you may have to rerun the autodetect after the upgrade is installed.

Like Newshawk said, you need to update (because it seems the -200 and -300s old software doesn't autoupgrade).

To use the mix channels:

You would use the arrows around the yellow select button to navigate, and the yellow select to tune to that station.

Pressing the Active button will bring up weather, etc, it's not used in mix channels.

not working

I get an unable to download software message after about ten minutes of it trying to download.

Some things to try before trying another update:

Make sure you can get the 101 satellite fairly strong in your receivers meter screen, you should have strengths in the high 80s-90s, as this is the satellite the downloads come from.

Unplug the reciever from the wall for 5 minutes or so, then, plug it back in, rerun installation setup to completion, make sure you select the correct type of dish (Round if you have the dual lnb, or Oval/Triple if you have the 3lnb (for HD and internationals), etc, then retry the update.

If all that fails, and you have more than one receiver, try swapping that one out for the one your trying to update, maybe it is the cable running to that one receiver.

Thanks

Nothing is working. If you have any more ideas let me know.

I just got a D10-300 today, too. Got it completely for free, including install, as I am a Superfan subscriber. I've tried forcing the upgrade a few times, including as I write this. None of the times I've tried it have been successful. I'm beginning to wonder if what I told you to do is not so much forcing the download as it is forcing the install of a download you've received. If that's the case, then I think you'll have to have the receiver active for at least one overnight, to allow for the download to be received, then use reset/02468 to install it. We'll find out in a day or two.

d10-300

I have had it for about a week and I got up this morning and tried again and it still does not work. Let me know if you get it to work and how you did it. I hope I can fix this before sunday!!

dafilthymofo, sorry, I am not ignoring you :), just other than either, contacting directv and complaining, or shelling out 50 bucks for a d10-100 I just don't know what else to tell you, sorry. I hope you get it worked out.

From what I've heard, D* has temporarily stopped the D10-300 upgrade. It should resume around the 18th from what I've found.

I emailed them and here is the response, "Some new DIRECTV Active features are now available on one or more receivers in your home. However, DIRECTV Active features for D10-300 are not yet enabled, but it will be later this year. In order to receive equipment upgrades for your DIRECTV D10-300, you need to keep the receiver plugged in. Your receiver does not need to be turned on."

So I guess we just wait.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)