Superfan problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Multiple D10-300 stories from D*

Just got my "free" D10-300 on 10/13, and mine also doesn't work with the interactive "mix" channels. One D* TS guy told me to use the code to "force the upgrade." Didn't work. Another TS guy said my timezone was getting automatic upgrades as of 10/13, but as yet it hasn't happened. A third TS guy confirmed the 10/13 auto upgrade and said it "should" happen within 24 hours, but if not, it would surely happen no later than November 1.

Anyone got any other news? From D* or anywhere else?

We are in the same Boat bscott. They have been giving me the runaround. They have no clue what they are doing. Meanwhile I cant use my superfan interactive features through week 5 so far. The wait continues...

I just called D* Tier 2 TS a fourth time about the D10-300 upgrade issue. The rep did some research, and immediately transferred me to Advanced TS, and that rep promptly came up with another "solution" to the problem of my D10-300 that refuses to accept the software upgrade: She acknowledged that some D10-300's simply don't accept the upgrade, and said they'd send me another one. (Interestingly, she said nothing about wanting me to return the one I've got -- which tells you how much these things are actually worth!) I didn't think to ask if the new unit will have the appropriate software installed, or if I'll have to go through this upgrade conundrum all over again. So, I my have more adventures to look forward to in "2 to 5 days." This experience tells me that anyone out there withe a D10-300 who's waiting for the automatic upgrade to install may be waiting in vain. Might want to call Advanced TS and make a little noise ...

Nothing as of 10-17!! I have read that some people have tried several d10-300 boxes and the same thing happens. Oct 18 is what I have found to be the date of the upgrade. We will see. The wait continues...

how much crap is this.. directv sends a letter saying "sorry for the f*** up - heres a free interactive ird so you can get a taste of what it can be like" .. then it (the new ird) does not work interactivly at this time.. lol - I was going to try it for sh**s and giggles.. but not now.

DTV is still better than cable. My local cable company makes DTV look like Santa Claus. 10-17 at 12:42PM no upgrade yet!

Well, I never did get the upgrade, but D* did come up with another receiver, a D-11. The first one they sent was a D10-300 w/software v 029. When I pointed out to an Advanced TS rep that their own upgrade schedule didn't seem to mention an upgrade from 029 to 1009 in my timezone (Eastern) she told me they'd send another one. That was Saturday 10/15. This morning (Tues 10/18) the D11 showed up via FedEx. It's now been activated and ... the interactive features work! So, after numerous calls to D* TS, and two receivers, they did finally come through with a "free, interactive receiver" that does, in fact, interact. Bit of a struggle, though ...

i just pulled the trigger.. they are fedexing it - hopefully I will get it asap..

i will post my experiences..

jim

Damaged - I haven't had much time with the D11 yet, but it seems solid. Cosmetically, it's a little smaller than the D10, and silver, not black. When you go to one of the mix channels, it worries you at first 'cause nothing seems interactive -- the feature doesn't pop on for a second or two. All in all, it seems to do everything one would expect. Interestingly, the manual describes functions for some of the remote keys that the D10 manual stated were, "for future use." Also, when you program the remote to control the TV, when you push power off or power on, the receiver turns on and off along with the TV. Never had one do that before ...

Cool, thanks for the update. Regarding the mix channel delay, I get that too in my D10-1(2)00s, I think that might be by design(software flaw?).

Also, on my D10-100 the TV goes off with the STB as well when I use the small 'Off' button (upper right side, second button from top), but, another TV/STB setup in an other room, a d10-200, does not, even after the update, I suspect it could also be TV code manf. dependant..shrug..

Thanks again.

I got mine today - d11-500 - interactive was allready enabled.. so far its ok.. I am not a big fan on the guide yet... my favoite gudies are the sony b2,b3 and the hughes gcebo series with turbo tune (I like the logo guide, jump loop). The guide and menus are just like the h10 - but they scroll faster.

bscott is right about the interactive.. takes a second or two but its ok.. I like being able to scroll and click the mix channels.. the real test will be when nfl is on with the game mix channels. my only complaint is the annoying blue light that indicates the unit is on.... gonna have to tape over that :)

I will answer any questions anyone has...

jim

here are some pics :)

Attachments

• IMG_3071.JPG
    IMG_3071.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_3072.JPG
    IMG_3072.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_3073.JPG
    IMG_3073.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_3074.JPG
    IMG_3074.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 164
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)