Superjack Vbox II - help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Welcome to SatelliteGuys... moved to FTA as you are trying to use a C-Band dish with FTA correct?

Thanks for your welcome!

Yes, I have an old dish mounted with a 36volts motor, and wants to control it with my Diseqc FTA receiver. That's why I purchased the Vbox to do the interface between these 2 elements (instead of purchasing a brand new Disecq dish motor, which I hope is not a mistake ).

Currently, the dish is pointing on Hotbird, and I get a quite good signal (>96%). The last thing to do now is to move that dish to get new channels.

Is there a direct link between the 3 digits number displayed on the Vbox display, and the satellite position ?
==> if considering that I'm currently pointing on Hotbird 13°E, should I first set some value on the Vbox before connecting the wires to the motor?

In fact I intend to mainly use 3 satellites, Astra (19.2E), Hotbird (13.0°E) and Atlantic Bird (5°W).

Do I have to program these satellites in the Vbox? and if yes how can I do it?

Thanks.
Fred.

I don't have a superjack VBox II, but I have a Motek VBox II. I don't know whether they are the same or not, if so, use these instructions:

Take a look at the picture below.
vboxII back.JPG

If the back of yours looks like the above picture, then you could proceed based on the assumption that they are similar. Do this at your own risk as they might not be the same.

I have four wires coming in from my Von-Weise actuator on the 10 foot dish.

Black and Red are the two big wires. They should hook to the two inputs on the right of the 4-wire input labeled M1 and M2. They can be reversed if the dish moves the wrong way when you start to move the dish.

I have a Brown and Blue wire also coming from the actuator. They are to be inserted into the left side of the 4-wire input on the back of the VBox II. I have the Blue wire hooked to the top, and the Brown wire hooked to the bottom.

That takes care of the motor control part and supply of voltage.

The coax from the RF-In on the receiver goes to the RF input marked receiver on the VBox II. The RF input marked LNB on the VBox II has a coax that runs out to the dish and hooks into the LNB. If you have a voltage controlled LNB, you are in good shape now.

If Hotbird is your center satellite, and you are pointed to it now, you must go into the receiver setup menu for satellites and mark Hotbird as being controlled by diseqc 1.2 for positioning. Assign a position number between 27 and 49. I would probably choose something in the middle of those numbers, maybe 38 and save Hotbird at that position.

Then find a live transponder on the next satellite to the west that you want to hit (Astra), choose it, and mark it as diseqc 1.2 for motor movement, and then begin to gently bump the motor towards that satellite. When you have found that satellite, and the signal quality is where you want it to be, assign a position number 39 or 40, and save the position.

Continue in the same manner for all the satellites you want to scan in.

From then on, it is a matter of choosing the satellite you want to view and a channel, and click it, and the VBox II will move to that satellite.

Hope that helps.

...finding a manual...

I just went to www.Google.com and put in the search phrase:
Jaeger Superjack V-Box II
and found a lot of hits.
This is a good way to find the manufacturers web site or someone selling the item.
Either is likely to have an on-line manual for you to read, download, or print.
Often, they are in PDF format, with pictures, et al.

I just went to www.Google.com and put in the search phrase:
Jaeger Superjack V-Box II
and found a lot of hits.
This is a good way to find the manufacturers web site or someone selling the item.
Either is likely to have an on-line manual for you to read, download, or print.
Often, they are in PDF format, with pictures, et al.

Hi,
I did the same, that's even how I discover this website. Unfortunately no online manual, just pictures or basic technical specs.

Hi Linuxman,
Many thanks for your valuable input. I adapted your process to my device (which is not exactly the same than yours), and was able to move the antenna from my FTA receiver, and memorize the position of each main satellites. I was quite impressed that these 2 devices were able to communicate so easily, I assume this is due to Diseqc 1.2
Thanks for your help!

Hello,
After doing some research, it appears that my device is in fact the same than the Moteck VboxII (the one with 99 channels). Probably a copy, may be why it's so difficult to find a manual.

Could some one kindly copy the manual of his Moteck and send it to me?

Many thanks.

Hi skoubidoufr,

Glad I was able to help. I would scan my manual and send it to you, but haven't owned a scanner for about 4 years now. Hopefully someone else will have one and scan it for you.

I finally found this:
http://www.dmsiusa.com/documents/DP710manual.pdf

appart from the number of Position Memories which seems to be higher on mine (28 compared to 99), it's the same device.

I now understand what is the resynchro feature, and why I obtained strange things when I tried to use it.

Thanks to all of you that kindly helped me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)