Superstation package ?

Charlie is missing an opportunity...

He should make these channels available in HD. It would be one thing that Directv DOESN'T have that HE could...COULD !!! Charlie drops another ball.

Actually, I'll miss those Jack in the Box ads the most..... Funniest bit of 30 sec. theater you'll ever see most nights....

I used to have the package years ago when I had a 508 because it was only $3 more when combined with locals. I really liked having UPN and WB because the New York channels started so early for me and they also had better picture quality than the dish locals did.

I dropped them now that I have HD but even before that they no longer had anything I couldn't get from my local stations, previously they had some syndicated shows that didn't air here.

Last night I tried to order two of the superstations,the two NYC channels. I thought I would pick up a little extra baseball. When I tried to order the CSR that because they were out of my DMA I couldn't get them. I was thinking anyone could pick these channels up no matter were you lived. Am I wrong? I went around and around with her and finally said I would check it out. So I come to you guys since DISH can't really help me.

Last night I tried to order two of the superstations,the two NYC channels. I thought I would pick up a little extra baseball. When I tried to order the CSR that because they were out of my DMA I couldn't get them. I was thinking anyone could pick these channels up no matter were you lived. Am I wrong? I went around and around with her and finally said I would check it out. So I come to you guys since DISH can't really help me.

Try again. I used the Chat and ordered just WPIX with no problem. It shouldn't matter where you live.

Check your address on the dish locals website. One of your local channels may be invoking their syndex rights for the syndicated programming, in which case the supers may not be available

Check your address on the dish locals website. One of your local channels may be invoking their syndex rights for the syndicated programming, in which case the supers may not be available

Thanks. I think that's it. There's a WB station in DC. DISH and MLB will go to great lengths to make sure you can't view their product.:rolleyes:

Thanks. I think that's it. There's a WB station in DC. DISH and MLB will go to great lengths to make sure you can't view their product.:rolleyes:

Try another CSR. Many of us in the DC area---myself included----get the supers. WDCW is not requesting syndex.

Just checked a DC area address and it qualifies for the locals and supers. You just got a bad CSR.

It was my next door neighbor's. There is no assertion of syndex rights in the DC DMA.

Just wondering, and I know "It is worth it" can mean many diiferent things for people. But today, do many people still have the superstation package and do many think its worth it, in regard to programing and such

I gave the superstations up shortly after the CW became available locally (about a year after UPN bit the dust). There really was no compelling program (to me) not already available to me through my own locals. And with the availability of a DVR that kind of sealed the deal for super stations in my house. After nearly 10 years with superstations (5/1997-1/2007) I dropped the package

See ya
Tony

I still have the grandfathered price of 8.99 for supers and locals, so I haven't given it up yet. It is nice to have a west coast cw for when the local weathermen like to preempt things to talk about the wind gusts 80 miles away that might become tornadoes.

I still use it for timeshifting cw shows and watching some west coast news occasionally. Still subscribe....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)